New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I have no complaints with Apple !

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

timmy_toad

timmy_toad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, iPad2 + iPhone4S

Hi All, TWO and a quarter years ago i purchased a 15" MacBookPro Early 2011 with 2 years Apple Care on top of the standard 1 year.

A month ago it Died permanently, my Apple Store fixed it by replacing the Motherboard complete and the Screen Lid, a week later it Died permanently again !!!!!!

I was a little disappointed with the reliability by this time, as you can imagine !.

Apple did me proud, on reflection i suppose it WAS the ONLY thing they could do for me, they gave me a brand new 15" MacBookPro Mid 2012 with 2 years Apple Care on top of the standard 1 year.

The ONLY thing that i can see that has changed in the Spec is a 500gig drive instead of the 750gig drive i had before !.

I like my Apple

Tim
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Very nice!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Still the world's best customer service!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

True that. I've never been let down by Apple's customer service.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
jt1968

jt1968 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" Retina, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD, Intel i7 2.3GHz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggibar View Post
True that. I've never been let down by Apple's customer service.
They've always been good to me. When I had my iPhone 4, I was an iDevice newbie. I thought at one point that my battery was faulty because it seemed like it was discharging at a too-rapid rate. The girl at the Genius Bar was very helpful, and explained how keeping too many apps open on the phone can rapidly drain the battery. LOL! I also broke my iPhone 4S screen only a few months after buying it (I also bought AppleCare for it). They replaced the phone, no questions asked.

I've dealt with many different tech companies (laptops, phones, etc), and Apple has the absolute best customer service, hands down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iPhone 5s 64GB / iPad 4th Gen. 64GB / iPad Mini 2 64GB / MacBook Pro 15" w/ Retina Display
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

My retina display MacBook Pro was 2 months old and kept having wifi issues and locking up, called them they sent a box the next day and I had a brand new MacBook in 5 days.
QUOTE Thanks
ursus262

ursus262 is an unknown at this point

Ooh! Timmy! You're only up the road from me. I'm in Luton. Did you go to the Apple Store in Milton Keynes? I went there the other day and they are pretty good.
QUOTE Thanks
MBPi5

MBPi5 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel core i5, 120gb SSD, 2.3GHZ, 4gb RAM, Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011 model

Apple has an unwritten golden rule that no customer leaves the store unhappy. Ive experienced this two times both with iphone

13" Macbook Pro intel core i5
Iphone 4S.
SR
QUOTE Thanks
timmy_toad

timmy_toad is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, iPad2 + iPhone4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursus262 View Post
Ooh! Timmy! You're only up the road from me. I'm in Luton. Did you go to the Apple Store in Milton Keynes? I went there the other day and they are pretty good.
Yeah, i go to the Apple Store at Milton Keynes, i find it excellent, it is close by to a couple of excellent Coffee Bars (and Toilets), and if i take the missus with me, i get to park in a Blue Badge bay which a very close by, and it only takes me about 20 to 25 minutes

Tim
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I am very fortunate that the only issue I have ever had with Apple equipment was a swollen Blackbook battery (years out of warranty). By the time I took it round to an Apple store to have a look, they no longer had any black batteries to replace it with, so the guy gave me a recommended website that sold replacement ones at a good price.

The reliability of Apple equipment and the smiles I see when I'm visiting Apple Stores is one of the things that keeps me a loyal customer, geez nearly 30 years now!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Data Recovery Option? | Ban Internet news videos. »