New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

MacBook White (2006-2009)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

e.ward.1993

e.ward.1993 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I'm wondering if there is a chance to get a near new or new MacBook White, the poly version which was made until 2009. I had one before but I threw it out and now I'm getting really sentimental about it. I love that thing and the design, it's a CLASSIC! I have a couple of MacBooks now but I still want that one as a collectors item. Only problem is most used ones I see are badly worn, have hardware issues or both. I guess that's inevitable with use and age. My question is, is there anywhere I haven't looked which maybe has "collectors" MacBook Whites?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ward.1993 View Post
Hey guys, I'm wondering if there is a chance to get a near new or new MacBook White, the poly version which was made until 2009.
Just a small correction. The last white MacBook was a 2010 model...and it was discontinued February, 2012.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

As Nick said, these were made up until fairly recently for the education system, and as kids tend to beat on them, you probably aren't going to find one in mint condition.

However, even if you find one that's a little beat up, the outer case is always replaceable/restorable, so don't let that turn you away from what could be a really good deal.

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Can I ask why you threw your old one out? Just curious. I have one here but love it and keeping it.
QUOTE Thanks
e.ward.1993

e.ward.1993 is on a distinguished road

I threw out the old one because it stopped working and I didn't bother to try to fix it. I was threw it out and got a MBP. By the way I'm talking about the one they stopped making in 2009, the square looking one. I know the rounded edge one was made later. I like the added features of the unibody poly MacBook but I hate the rounded edged. Anyways how do you fix it cosmetically?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ward.1993 View Post
I threw out the old one because it stopped working and I didn't bother to try to fix it. I was threw it out and got a MBP. By the way I'm talking about the one they stopped making in 2009, the square looking one. I know the rounded edge one was made later. I like the added features of the unibody poly MacBook but I hate the rounded edged. Anyways how do you fix it cosmetically?
I think that what you mean to say is...you like the non-Unibody MacBooks. "Unibody" white MacBooks were made from 2009 onward.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recommend a used Intel Mac tower for me... | Why does... »