New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Information being sent without permission

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yarbro67

yarbro67 is on a distinguished road

My X spouse is bragging that they are able to read my text and emails that are automatically copied to them. How can I find out if this is true.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Consult with your lawyer.
QUOTE Thanks
yarbro67

yarbro67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Consult with your lawyer.
I have that is why i am trying to verify if they have put something on the system to do this
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Do an erase and format of the hard drive and a clean system install. If you want to be real sure, do a seven zero pass.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
MQAAord

MQAAord is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e

Does the spouse have access to your iCloud account and is "syncing" with your data? Can she log in to iMessage with your AppleID and read your iMessage txts that way?

Check your settings in your email program for automatic forwarding of emails.
Change all passwords.
Check for keylogging programs installed.
Check iMessage settings for any forwarding.
Check your cell phone account (via logging into your account on your cell phone provider's website) and check for any forwarding settings.

Ask the X or the X's attorney for proof of messages, to find out exactly what account(s) they're getting messages from.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone else order an Ouya? | What's so great about Macs? »