New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Best Buy Job?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chrisb2999

Has Anyone Here Worked At Bestbuy? Is It A Good Job To Get?
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I never worked at best buy.. but It looks like it could be a good job.. I hear they get good discounts and such.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Well, I've heard horror stories, but you may as well try it out. It seems like it'd be a good job (I mean, in today's world, it can't possibly be that hard to sell electronics).

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
norcalnewbie

norcalnewbie is on a distinguished road

i heard they have really good benefits. Something like almost 1/2 off..
QUOTE Thanks
BoingoBongo

I've heard good and bad. I know a few people who hated it, and I also know someone who ended up as a regional manager making very good money.

I think it could be a cool job, it's worth a shot.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

try here: http://careers.bestbuy.com/

i cant imagine it would be that bad of a job and im sure the benefits are good...heck i get cheap healthcare stock options and 401k @ starbucks for working 20hours/week
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z
try here: http://careers.bestbuy.com/

i cant imagine it would be that bad of a job and im sure the benefits are good...heck i get cheap healthcare stock options and 401k @ starbucks for working 20hours/week
-chris
Ya, everyone who I talk to who's worked for Starbucks loves it. I may hate the fact that it's the face of the ever stupider popular culture that largely dictates (and screws up) our society, but it's a killer job.

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
MadRhino23

My co-worker used to work at BB for a whole 2 weeks! He was hired on the Geek Squad... I really do not want to repeat what he said about the rip-off... I mean Geek Squad... so I will stop! :headphone :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
JSchultz

I currently work at Circuit City, and worked at BB previously for about a year.

If you don't like sales goals, or having a sales manager down your throat all the time, pass on the job. CC used to be more lax, but they're heading in a new direction now. For instance, I was pressured today to do $8000 in sales in 7 hours. I only made $6000, and now I'm probably going to get coached.

I hate sales.

But you may not.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Its more of a store to store thing. The Circuit City by me for instance, is crazy relaxed. I have 12 friends that work there. From a manager, 6 supervisors, and 5 cashers/floor employees. They are all friends as well. Lets just say, their paychecks are bloated and Im tempted to take the job there
QUOTE Thanks
Ex_PC_Puke

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
I never worked at best buy.. but It looks like it could be a good job.. I hear they get good discounts and such.

Yeah discounts ---- neighbor kid works there -- you know those 10ft USB cables that run around $30 ------ gets his for $2.50
QUOTE Thanks
JSchultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
Its more of a store to store thing. The Circuit City by me for instance, is crazy relaxed. I have 12 friends that work there. From a manager, 6 supervisors, and 5 cashers/floor employees. They are all friends as well. Lets just say, their paychecks are bloated and Im tempted to take the job there
Whereabouts are you? I think it could be district to district too. My district manager, my regional manager and sales manager are all new, as the last batch was promptly fired in an effort to change things around here. I wish it was as lax as it used to be neye:
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

I was offered a job at Bestbuy a year or so ago but didn't take it because they weren't really willing to work with my school schedule. I also knew three other people that worked there and asked them prior to making my decision. They all told me the same thing about scheduling. Discount wise is probably fine, but it isn't a set rate across the board, the percentage varies from item to item.
QUOTE Thanks
JSchultz

discount rate in 2003 was cost + 5%
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X on my Toshiba | Dude! The previous owners of my car were mac users! »