New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Jobs vs. Gates: Who's the Star?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smeshy123

smeshy123 is on a distinguished road

I came upon this while looking at my daily RSS feeds that my Safari soo easily gives me, and I saw this article, and well...it saddend me...

http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,...rss.technology

Thoughts, comments, discussion?

Thanks!

Smesh

15.4" Macbook Pro 1.83Ghz 2GB RAM 80GB HD Mac OS x 10.4.4
1.8Ghz P4 1024mb RAM 2x80GB, 1x160GB, 1x250GB HD's Windows XP and SuSe Linux 9
IPOD 6gb Lime Green Mini
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

1) The person who wrote that article needs to read up on Steve's life.

2) Bill is simply trying to improve his public image.

3) Bill runs like a girl.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss

Hahahahahahahaah! Now that is funny! Thanks Baggss.
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss

heh, nice link.. that was truely funny... "And one more thing"

And about that artice, it is biased... They are just microsoft fans that one to make apple look bad.

Report offensive posts
Don't forget to use the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
timswim78

timswim78 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powermac Dual G4 1.25 Ghz

Before passing judgement on Bill Gates' charitable work, you should really read up on what he, his wife, and some other people are trying to do with his foundation. I think that if you read a little bit about the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, you'll see that it is about a lot more than "improving his public image." Having worked on the foundation world for years, I can tell you that their intentions are a lot more honorable than those of many other foundation people. There are people on the full-time staff of his foundation who don't even collect salaries.

People all over the world are dying because of poverty, and he is doing his best to change that. Maybe he doesn't care about people getting a BSOD (blue screen of death), but I think its obvious that he cares about the condition of fellow humans.

I'm not going to comment on Steve Jobs's personal/charitable life because I don't know anything about it, and it's really irrelevant to compare one person's morals with another just because they have similar jobs. The only reason I know a little about Bill Gate's foundation is because my previous job was at an NPO, and I read a good bit about heir ideas on eradicating poverty, how much money their orgsnizatio gives, and how little they spend on overhead.

Oh, and yes, Bill Gates does run like a girl.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Opinions please | Happy Belated Birthday Mackintosh! »