Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    Post Asian pirates selling Microsoft's Longhorn
    Source: MacMinute.com

Asian pirates selling Microsoft's Longhorn
    December 2, 2003 - 11:08 EST Malaysia's software pirates are already selling the next version of Microsoft Windows, codenamed Longhorn, years before it is supposed to be on sale. Bootleg CD copies are on sale for six ringgit (US$1.58) in the country. The software is an early version of Longhorn demonstrated and distributed at a Microsoft developers conference in October. Longhorn is not expected to ship until 2006.

My Comments: About what it's worth isnt it? j/k I just couldnt help myself.. I try to not put down windows, but sometimes a story is just begging for some type of comment

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Rofl

tbag
    hehe.....I wonder how innovative it REALLY is........considering i hate XP!

Specs:
    G52x1.81.53208x+/-
    the people buying it are really getting ripped off at that price

rcsskier
    wow, buying it when you can download it almost anywhere....
    btw XP is actually really great, so is OS X 10.3

Mr.Guvernment
    ^^^ not everyone has the sense, or the inet speed to download it, so what is $2US for it, not much.

Also, why do you hate XP ? - i know i hate it for all the bloated crap in it.

agallant
    Quote Originally Posted by tbag
    hehe.....I wonder how innovative it REALLY is........considering i hate XP!
    Yeah, i have a MSDN subscription, i have downloaded it and tried it. it is basicailly XP, nothing special. a few changes such as improved prieviews of folder contence. Longhorn is sopose to be ultra secure but we will see. Also you guys need a Linux discussion fourim on this site.

-AG

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Quote Originally Posted by agallant
    Yeah, i have a MSDN subscription, i have downloaded it and tried it. it is basicailly XP, nothing special. a few changes such as improved prieviews of folder contence. Longhorn is sopose to be ultra secure but we will see. Also you guys need a Linux discussion fourim on this site.

-AG
    Yeah, interesting. Considering how xpee still needs to modify to supress regisry access and other worm crap, how good could it be? Linux has its own good forum BTW

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
    Longhorn has that codename because apparently they didn't want the word "Windows" in the name this time around (Windows 95,98,2000,NT,XP). Same goes for Blackcomb.

Specs:
    15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
    wow bootlegs. amazing. you wonder if microsoft put their little tracking tech in it.

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Yeah, good question, and does such a copy work... :p

Toniee
    Actually, I bought such a copy from eBay.com, it's only the ALPHA BETA version. Stilll very buggy. Uses alot of RAM and Processing power.

The mac 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlyn
    Source: MacMinute.com

Asian pirates selling Microsoft's Longhorn
    December 2, 2003 - 11:08 EST Malaysia's software pirates are already selling the next version of Microsoft Windows, codenamed Longhorn, years before it is supposed to be on sale. Bootleg CD copies are on sale for six ringgit (US$1.58) in the country. The software is an early version of Longhorn demonstrated and distributed at a Microsoft developers conference in October. Longhorn is not expected to ship until 2006.

My Comments: About what it's worth isnt it? j/k I just couldnt help myself.. I try to not put down windows, but sometimes a story is just begging for some type of comment
    haha..i gt the cd!haha.. i bought it in malaysia, singapore's neighbour. piracy is a prob in asia esp malaysia, thailand and indonesia. it usually happens in undeveloped countries. in singapore its tough coz the singapore law is CRAZY!!ask micheal fay of america and he will tell u..

oh ya.. don laught. recntly, shelves esp for machintosh programms inc keynote and panther is on the shelves. so u can c that the pirates are not avoiding machintosh!

The mac 13
    i replied LATE!

Specs:
    G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
    Any version before the completion of development can't be very stable

Thread Information