New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Asian pirates selling Microsoft's Longhorn

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Source: MacMinute.com

December 2, 2003 - 11:08 EST Malaysia's software pirates are already selling the next version of Microsoft Windows, codenamed Longhorn, years before it is supposed to be on sale. Bootleg CD copies are on sale for six ringgit (US$1.58) in the country. The software is an early version of Longhorn demonstrated and distributed at a Microsoft developers conference in October. Longhorn is not expected to ship until 2006.

My Comments: About what it's worth isnt it? j/k I just couldnt help myself.. I try to not put down windows, but sometimes a story is just begging for some type of comment
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Rofl
QUOTE Thanks
tbag

hehe.....I wonder how innovative it REALLY is........considering i hate XP!
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

the people buying it are really getting ripped off at that price

QUOTE Thanks
rcsskier

wow, buying it when you can download it almost anywhere....
btw XP is actually really great, so is OS X 10.3
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Guvernment

^^^ not everyone has the sense, or the inet speed to download it, so what is $2US for it, not much.

Also, why do you hate XP ? - i know i hate it for all the bloated crap in it.
QUOTE Thanks
agallant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbag
hehe.....I wonder how innovative it REALLY is........considering i hate XP!
Yeah, i have a MSDN subscription, i have downloaded it and tried it. it is basicailly XP, nothing special. a few changes such as improved prieviews of folder contence. Longhorn is sopose to be ultra secure but we will see. Also you guys need a Linux discussion fourim on this site.

-AG
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by agallant
Yeah, i have a MSDN subscription, i have downloaded it and tried it. it is basicailly XP, nothing special. a few changes such as improved prieviews of folder contence. Longhorn is sopose to be ultra secure but we will see. Also you guys need a Linux discussion fourim on this site.

-AG
Yeah, interesting. Considering how xpee still needs to modify to supress regisry access and other worm crap, how good could it be? Linux has its own good forum BTW
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Longhorn has that codename because apparently they didn't want the word "Windows" in the name this time around (Windows 95,98,2000,NT,XP). Same goes for Blackcomb.
QUOTE Thanks
beret9987

beret9987 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP

wow bootlegs. amazing. you wonder if microsoft put their little tracking tech in it.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

Yeah, good question, and does such a copy work... :p
QUOTE Thanks
Toniee

Actually, I bought such a copy from eBay.com, it's only the ALPHA BETA version. Stilll very buggy. Uses alot of RAM and Processing power.
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
Source: MacMinute.com

December 2, 2003 - 11:08 EST Malaysia's software pirates are already selling the next version of Microsoft Windows, codenamed Longhorn, years before it is supposed to be on sale. Bootleg CD copies are on sale for six ringgit (US$1.58) in the country. The software is an early version of Longhorn demonstrated and distributed at a Microsoft developers conference in October. Longhorn is not expected to ship until 2006.

My Comments: About what it's worth isnt it? j/k I just couldnt help myself.. I try to not put down windows, but sometimes a story is just begging for some type of comment
haha..i gt the cd!haha.. i bought it in malaysia, singapore's neighbour. piracy is a prob in asia esp malaysia, thailand and indonesia. it usually happens in undeveloped countries. in singapore its tough coz the singapore law is CRAZY!!ask micheal fay of america and he will tell u..

oh ya.. don laught. recntly, shelves esp for machintosh programms inc keynote and panther is on the shelves. so u can c that the pirates are not avoiding machintosh!
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

i replied LATE!
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

Any version before the completion of development can't be very stable
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bye | Conspiracy Theory »