New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Garageband!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alexpuckett

So here is the story, I have just updated to tiger osx (its amazing) and i really want garageband!!! But I dont see why I need to buy all the other iLife applications when I have perfectly good copies of them on my computer...(barely use iMovie) so i am asking if anybody knows where I can find just a copy of garageband by itself. Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

You can't just buy a copy of Garage Band. 79$ is very cheap for an app like that, any one app alone out of iLife more then makes up for the price.

QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpuckett
So here is the story, I have just updated to tiger osx (its amazing) and i really want garageband!!! But I dont see why I need to buy all the other iLife applications when I have perfectly good copies of them on my computer...(barely use iMovie) so i am asking if anybody knows where I can find just a copy of garageband by itself. Thank you!

hi there, my ibook g4 came with garage band so i dont see why another apple computer doesnt?

i dont know where to get a copy on its own - try ebay or contact apple about it.

cheers chris
QUOTE Thanks
alexpuckett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamindaines
You can't just buy a copy of Garage Band. 79$ is very cheap for an app like that, any one app alone out of iLife more then makes up for the price.
is it possible to just install the garageband app off the iLife cd? cause I dont think I have enough room to download all the other apps anyways...i only have 6 GB's left.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpuckett
is it possible to just install the garageband app off the iLife cd? cause I dont think I have enough room to download all the other apps anyways...i only have 6 GB's left.
Yes most likely, and if you can't you can use THIS to just get Garage Band

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help!? Data retrieval for replaced directory... | Attention Ohioans or Anyone Else, A Gathering of Mac Fan »