New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Twenty-Four (DISCLAIMER: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS).

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

Anyone watch the TV show Twenty-Four? I just felt it deserved a thread, given its amazingness. And I was surprised tonight at the season premiere when they FINALLY showed a Mac in it. It's one of the very few TV shows or movies that (up until this point) never really featured Macs. They even put an Alienware in the last season. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, it's the best show on television. I don't even watch television, and I watch Twenty-Four. Any takers on discussion? Oh, and yeah, if this goes anywhere, gotta repeat the disclaimer that discussion will probably include season five spoiling info.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
djlee12

djlee12 has a spectacular aura about

Wow. And I agree. Best show on TV. EVER.

I just signed on the post the same thing, you read my mind. They finally used an iMac. And it even had OS X on it! What a suprise! Go Palmer!

Now we just need to get everyone watching tomorrow night as well!

DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
www.wattsupproductions.com
QUOTE Thanks
djlee12

And I'd love to discuss the show if your interested. How about that aide? AND PALMER, MICHELLE, AND TONY??!!

DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

I kinda called Walt (the aide). Tony's definitely going to make it, though. I don't think they'd do three. NO ONE is that cruel. And those All-State commercials during the breaks? I was about to kill them.

QUOTE Thanks
i-VTEC

i-VTEC is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+

I dropped it after Season Two but I decided to give Season Five/tonigh a shot and loving it again...!!! Beauty of Time Shift...West Coast feed :p I get to watch it again..in HD of course...!!! :laughing:
QUOTE Thanks
djlee12

Tony will definitly pull through. He's essential to the show, they can't completely start with a fresh slate of the most important characters.

DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I don't watch it, but I thought read somewhere, in the first season. The good guys had Apple products and the bad guys had PC products.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
aantoine90

aantoine90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM

Seasons 1 + 2 used Macs and then in Season 3 they were using mostly HP's and Dell's and yes, I believe the Alienware you are referring to from Season 4 was a laptop? 24 is the BEST SHOW EVER! Tony will definitely make it, as said before, they can't kill off Michelle, Plamer neye: and Tony! Right? Oh, well, 24 is the best! Can't wait untill tonight!
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Yeah. The Alienware was Marwan's laptop. I guess I didn't pay attention as well during Season One. I missed a lot more episodes in that season.

QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

i've only just started watching today, season four was on A and E or soemthing. what an amazing show!
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

noooo. that means you've ruined the previous three seasons for yourself. But anyway, I just want to state that I CALLED the Flank 2.

QUOTE Thanks
matthew

matthew is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20"

after last season i told myself that there was no way i would watch season 5, it would just be more of jack screaming to "get down" or "take cover". but now im sucked in again, of course.

i called the flank 2 before you. i swear.
QUOTE Thanks
djlee12

I consider myself to be obsessed with the show and honestly, I saw Season 3 before I saw 1 or 2. I actually started with season 3, and liked it so much that I went out and bought season 2 dvd's (I think that Best Buy was out of Season 1's at the time, otherwise I obviously would have bought those as well). After I watched 2 I watched 1, then a short while after season 3 ended. Then onto season 4. Honestly, even with all the jumbled order, I still completely understand the show.

DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
QUOTE Thanks
UncSki1218

THANK GOD. i was about to start this myself, im pretty hardcore about this show. ive been watching since season 1. own all four seasons on dvd. premiere was absoulutly amazing. bummer that michelle, and palmer had to go. knew it was coming (none of the actors agreed to season 5) but it still hurt. hah i called flank 2 also. jack is the man. he'd never but his people in danger. especially curtis who is also the man. WITH MY SUPERPOWERS I DEEM THIS THE OFFICIAL 24 THREAD. we can come here each week and talk about the amazingness. btw chloe is the woman.
QUOTE Thanks
mr g5

mr g5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM

24 is the best, I missed most of season 1 but saw every thing past that. I think Tony will be fine. I don't like president Logan at all. To bad Palmer was not killed he was a good president in this show. What ever happened to Chase, Jacks side kick?
I am recording all of season 5 on my computer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Powerbook or Mac ProBook | spanish accents »