New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

AppleCare does not cover damage from God

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gould86

gould86 is on a distinguished road

So I've been thinking about getting AppleCare for my 12'' iBook G4 (1.33GHz). While I was reading the small print, I noticed this in the terms and conditions:

e. Limitations.The Plan does not cover:
Damage to the Covered Equipment caused by accident, abuse, neglect, misuse (including faulty installation, repair, or
maintenance by anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider), unauthorized modification, extreme
environment (including extreme temperature or humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or interference, fluctuation
or surges of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, acts of God or other external causes;

Wth? acts of God? lol, well thats just too bad. Anyways, i found it sortof humorous, thought i'd share.
BTW, is the AppleCare really worth the $300? (CDN)
QUOTE Thanks
hollerz.mac

hollerz.mac will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display

haha, guess they have to cover themselves from everything nowadays
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

I bet someone tried to sue them because their computer was destroyed by what they called an act of god.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_God
Quote:
Act of God is a common legal term for events outside of human control, such as sudden floods or other natural disasters, for which no one can be held responsible. This does not protect those who put others in danger of acts of God through negligence, such as a camp counselor who instructs a group of children on a hike to stand under a tree to escape a lightning storm.
Every warranty contract I've ever read (all both of them!) mentions "Acts of God."
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

Warranties an manuals allways have wierd stuff in it, did you know iPaq's manual recommend the user not to sleep with their PDAs?
Anyway, i don't have AppleCare, but i have allways been lucky with my electronics.

[is pointless to click here]
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Yea acts of god is very common in contracts. I booked concerts at my school last year and every contract (even for cheap bar bands) had the acts of god clauses in them

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
thermidor

thermidor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB

It's a blanket term covering natural disasters. I don't think there is any obligation on either party to prove or disprove the existence or involvement of a deity.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

On a similar note one of my all time favourites is packs of peanuts which say on the back 'This product may contain nuts'. You don't say !!
QUOTE Thanks
Harryc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermidor
It's a blanket term covering natural disasters. I don't think there is any obligation on either party to prove or disprove the existence or involvement of a deity.
But if they could it would be entirely interesting...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Please help with CAD recommendation | Help!? Data retrieval for replaced directory... »