New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Verizon Wireless question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Does anyone know how much a RAZR V3c would cost an existing customer? ON the site it says its 300 with activation of a 2 year account but nothing about if you already have an account.

-Thanks.

QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

I think you usually get $150 off your next phone purchase... when your plan is renewed. At least that is how it is on my plan..

Report offensive posts
Don't forget to use the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by macEfan
I think you usually get $150 off your next phone purchase... when your plan is renewed. At least that is how it is on my plan..
ugh that means I have to wait another year :mad:

QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

i wish you could give them an extra $15 per month ans be able to change phones when ever you want

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
code777

i was lucky, i got the phone for $70 from Verizon (w/MIR). What happened was i lost my cell the other day and i was up for new every 2. But the store kept giving me wrong info so I sent a letter to Verizon Wireless executive office (long long story). I got a call back from a manager in customer service who noted my long standing acct (11yrs) and said they will honor $100 off a phone + $30 credit towards a new phone so making that $130 off.

Went to the store and of course they wouldn't do it until they called the manager directly. So the phone was $300. Minus $130 (new every2 & $30 credit). So i had to pay $170 out of pocket. I just mailed in the rebate for $100 so it ends up being $70 for the cell.

But seriously guys, cells don't cost much at all to make. I read some cells cost only $0.50 to make. The Treos cost like $50 to make. I guess they got us because we all need one (we don't but).

i'm happy with Verizon, they always pull through when something goes wrong! The Razr is really nice and my next post will be how to sync it with my iMac!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by code777
i was lucky, i got the phone for $70 from Verizon (w/MIR). What happened was i lost my cell the other day and i was up for new every 2. But the store kept giving me wrong info so I sent a letter to Verizon Wireless executive office (long long story). I got a call back from a manager in customer service who noted my long standing acct (11yrs) and said they will honor $100 off a phone + $30 credit towards a new phone so making that $130 off.

Went to the store and of course they wouldn't do it until they called the manager directly. So the phone was $300. Minus $130 (new every2 & $30 credit). So i had to pay $170 out of pocket. I just mailed in the rebate for $100 so it ends up being $70 for the cell.

But seriously guys, cells don't cost much at all to make. I read some cells cost only $0.50 to make. The Treos cost like $50 to make. I guess they got us because we all need one (we don't but).

i'm happy with Verizon, they always pull through when something goes wrong! The Razr is really nice and my next post will be how to sync it with my iMac!
Verizon disables the PC profile on almost all of their bluetooth phones (I think the blackberry 7290 is enabled)

"*The RAZR V3c supports the Wireless Headset & Handsfree Bluetooth Profiles. It does not support Bluetooth object transfer (OBEX) profiles. Accessories sold separately. See Bluetooth for details."

So you won't be able to sync through bluetooth without some sort of hacks

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
TOYOTA

TOYOTA will become famous soon enough

My brother got the RAZR for me immediately when it was released. It almost makes me mad that it is offered for $99 now, but I guess thats is how nearly all technology is. Wait a little while, and pay way less. My brother paid $550 for it.

I just love using the bluetooth all the time w/ my PB. I can have any portion of any song from my iTunes library as my ring tone, and send my family pictures taken with the phone. I have used bluetooth more than I ever thought I would when I first got the phone. Then again, I didn't have my PB when I got the phone...

Good day.

Richard
iPhone
Powerbook 15
Powerbook 17
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

I wish I wasn't on Verizon. Not only did they lose their lead in reception, but everyone I know uses Cingulair or T-Mobile. Not to mention the lack of BluteTooth on everything but the Blackberry (and no, I'm not going to get one just for Bluetooth).

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

It is interesting that you say Verzion has lose their lead in reception. I have Verizon and have never lose a signal. I have problem talking with my friends, that have t-mobile and sprint/nextel.

I have seen that Verizon now has the RAZR.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
It is interesting that you say Verzion has lose their lead in reception. I have Verizon and have never lose a signal. I have problem talking with my friends, that have t-mobile and sprint/nextel.

I have seen that Verizon now has the RAZR.
Well, at one time I remember getting 5 bars everywhere on Earth. The backwoods of East Texas? Worked. Northeast Maine in the middle of nowhere? Worked. In my house? Worked. At school? Worked.

I'm lucky to get A bar at home. It'd be a perfect dream for me to get anything except for in a few places (and I live just outside of Houston, so it's not like I'm in the middle of nowhere here...).

As for all of my friends switching, it's not that big of a deal. But when I notice that they get reception 10 times better than I get, it's ridiculous. Not to mention that on Sprint you can get free minutes starting at 7 p.m., on Cingulair you get Roll-Over, and other carriers end up with the cool phones way before Verizon can get them (RAZR anyone?).

I know it seems like I'm reading way to much into it, but when you shell out $30+ a month for phone service, the option of having the latest cool phone and the abilty to keep my minutes is nice to have.

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question for those that have ordered Apple refurbs? | Intel Core Duo /Overclocking »