New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Thoughts on the Mac community

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DallasX

I am about 5 days old in the Mac community. I like it. Everyone seems to be open and helpful not to mention excited about Macs overall.

I was just wondering what everyone else thought.
QUOTE Thanks
to_tough_to_die

to_tough_to_die will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM

I moved to the new OS a few months ago, and ever since it's been nothing but great from fellow users. I go to an Apple Store and *gasp* people know what they're talking about! I don't know something incredibly easy? People actually will tell you how to do it instead of saying "oh my god, I can't believe you don't know it..." (granted we're all a bit guilty of that I guess, but it seems like a lot less of it happens in the general Mac community).

I'd use Windows... but I like the Mac OS more.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

i go to compusa just to talk to teh Mac Rep there. there is the NFMUG (North Florida Macintosh Users Group) here and i went to one meeting and they all seemed nice and they were very helpful with people who had questions. so far my experience with the mac community has been great.

QUOTE Thanks
DallasX

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_tough_to_die
I moved to the new OS a few months ago, and ever since it's been nothing but great from fellow users. I go to an Apple Store and *gasp* people know what they're talking about! I don't know something incredibly easy? People actually will tell you how to do it instead of saying "oh my god, I can't believe you don't know it..." (granted we're all a bit guilty of that I guess, but it seems like a lot less of it happens in the general Mac community).
Yeah, that is true it seems like.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I've been on a Mac for over 10 years now and it still the same today as it was back then. People are friendly and helpful. I fear that as the Mac platform grows that may change though.

QUOTE Thanks
Emultion_Rawks

I'm a member of quite a few Mac Forums around the web, a moderator at one, and I find that they tend to attract very nice and informative users.
QUOTE Thanks
MMMII

MMMII is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram

Agreed, I've gotten much help from this forum and just want to give a big word of THANKS for all those that have posted with suggestions and help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I pull a window back on screen? | Car Question »