New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

UK Mac-Forum Users

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Lancashire, ..... towards Blackpool

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Jonzjob

Jonzjob is an unknown at this point

Hi folks, I am totally new to Macs and my iMac is on its way as we speak, I hope! The 21 1/2" looks like a lovely piece of kit..

I live in the S of France near the beautiful old Cité of Carcassonne after moving over 5 1/2 years back from Stroud Glos. We came over for the warm sunshine and to prove it the rain is nearly horizontal at the moment!
QUOTE Thanks
gazid

gazid is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Just about to buy a new imac. There is of course the Apple Store and there is also a shop called Square: London Apple Premium Reseller | Square Group | GHC
They are Authorised apple dealers and seem to offer a superior after sales care package then apple... They have a repair centre in london and offer a 3-4 day turn around for repairs, where apple, I believe is 10-11 days... They also offer remote access and all the other stuff that you get from apple.

Was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them, could offer any advice of experiences with Applecare or Square...

Many thanks
QUOTE Thanks
ArthurPrudentt7

ArthurPrudentt7 is on a distinguished road

Hi there from London, Acton.
QUOTE Thanks
Gandalph

Gandalph has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 8 GB Ram.

Hello each. I am originally from Penshaw in County Durham but have been living in the Scottish Borders since 1992. Currently in Duns, roughly 14 miles west of Berwick Upon Tweed. Been on Macs now since 2009.

 Machine Specs: 27" i7 iMac l 2.8 GHz Quad Core l 16 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3 Ram l ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB Ram l 2 TB Sata HDD l 2 TB Time Machine [Seagate GoFlex. Firewire 800] l Built-in OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5680H l Built-in Card reader l Mac OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks I iPhone 4S 16 GB iOS 7.1
QUOTE Thanks
docx

docx has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: I Mac 27-inch 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 12GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 4GB ram

I'm from Wales, Rhondda Valley.
New mac user, and loving it
QUOTE Thanks
PieBoy

PieBoy is on a distinguished road

Hi, Dedicated Mac user family from Yorkshire side of Yorkshire Lancashire Border, Loving all things Mac, It's about time we had a UK group/forum
QUOTE Thanks
moff

moff is on a distinguished road

Mac user of 2 years near Tamworth, Staffs. Moved up from Luton 5 years ago to take a job where I use a lovely, heavyweight, Toughbook. Got an iPhone on contract 2 years ago and saw the light, resulting in the purchase of 2 13" Macbook Pros with the generous 15% NUS discount. I'm studying German and French at the Open University which is totally awesome.
QUOTE Thanks
Felix62

Felix62 is on a distinguished road

I have just joined the forums. I am from Leyland, Lancashire originally from cumbria. I do Have an American daughter in Law and three brilliant American grand children.
QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Rottie will become famous soon enough

Hi folks,

I'm from London, too - Quite literally spitting distance from eXcel

As far as Macs go, the first one I owned was a Mac II (remember those?! ) and I've had Macs almost constantly since the days of the G3 B/W

Mid 2011 i5 2.5 GHz iMac 21.5"
QUOTE Thanks
MacDuck

MacDuck is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: rMBP 15"

Hello all
New to Macs, new to the forum and from sunny Manchester
QUOTE Thanks
jimmason

jimmason is on a distinguished road

Hi I am from Stevenage
QUOTE Thanks
gwengo

gwengo is on a distinguished road

L.O, I'm from Redditch in Worcestershire. I'm a graphic designer and I love macs, just can't afford to buy a top spec one
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Think they all be gone 2005 post! We do not see many of those guys now.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Think they all be gone 2005 post! We do not see many of those guys now.
LOL. Got to be some kind of necro posting record.

read the first five or so posts before realizing how old this thread is. Didn't notice till I read one of the posts that said Powerbook and wondered if the poster made a mistake.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Password Box Password LIMIT - SURPRISE! | F1 Season Start 2014 !!!! Aussie on top ? »