New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Hd Dvd

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

damontgo

I'm starting to wonder who's going to win the format war, Blu-Ray or HD DVD?

I know that Microsoft is supporting HD DVD, and even uses it for its 360 games, correct? And now, HP has dropped its exclusive support of the Blu-Ray format. Read This Blu-Ray has always seemed liek the better technology to me, but I'm starting to wonder if it can beat out Microsoft and HD DVD. What if Microsoft chooses to offer its OS exclusively in HD DVD format? That pretty much binds every major PC manufacturer to HD DVD if they want to run Windows. The only work around for them would be Linux, or illegal OSx86, unless someone built a device that would read/write in both HD DVD and Blu-Ray, but I dont see that happening.

What does everyone think?
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

I dont know much about the blu-ray or hd dvd, but I do know there is a program out there now that will let you take all the info from a xbox 360 disk. They dont have a way to burn the disks yet, but they can take all the info off of them. So I guess if there was a hd dvd with just music or a movie, somebody will be able to get the info off of it and spread it around.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Autoforward from hotmail to .mac | HP JetAdmin Software »