New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Autoforward from hotmail to .mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

daveh

Hi all,

I have just purchased .mac which has therefore given me a new 'name@mac.com' email address.

What I would love to do is forward all my mail from my hotmail account to my .mac account automatically, so I don't miss anything whilst I am moving across to the new address.

After quite a lot of surfing, this seems to be impossible, even if you pay to upgrade to the 'premium' hotmail service.

Any ideas? Help very much appreciated.

Cheers, Dave.
QUOTE Thanks
Harryc

Why not just install httpmail and download your hotmail into mail.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18189
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

If you go to your .mac account, under email preferences you can set .mac to automatically pick up other pop accounts.

Assuming hotmail supports this, you could just set it up so that new messages are automatically picked up by .mac and you can get them that way.
QUOTE Thanks
daveh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryc
Why not just install httpmail and download your hotmail into mail.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18189
Thanks. That takes care of the mac mail end of things.

Unfortunately, it appears that hotmail requires a paid account to access my mail in this way.

Guess I'll just have to check on it manually for a few months until all my mail is finding its way to my .mac account.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh
Thanks. That takes care of the mac mail end of things.

Unfortunately, it appears that hotmail requires a paid account to access my mail in this way.

Guess I'll just have to check on it manually for a few months until all my mail is finding its way to my .mac account.

Thanks.
Yeah it used to be free until recently except for those of us lucky enough to have one from way back.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Phrase | Hd Dvd »