New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

If the entire world had Internet access.....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mh10190

If all the people in the world had equal access to the internet, what kind of a world do you think we'll live in.
I heard that by 2010 only 1/4 people on earth will have any access to the web.
Imagine a world were all of its inhabitants had the same access to information and people..
Tell me what you think soceity will be like, better or worse, and why.
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

a lot more scammers, fraud, and hacking

Report offensive posts
Don't forget to use the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh10190
If all the people in the world had equal access to the internet, what kind of a world do you think we'll live in.
I heard that by 2010 only 1/4 people on earth will have any access to the web.
Imagine a world were all of its inhabitants had the same access to information and people..
Tell me what you think soceity will be like, better or worse, and why.
Just because they have access doesn't mean they know how to use it. I am always amazed by the number of people I know who can't even use email. Not that there is anything wrong with that, some people just find this stuff hard.

Biggest change I think would be more people might listen to my podcast.

bone
QUOTE Thanks
JSchultz

Well, in my perrenialist opinion..

More and more people would have access to medical journals, literature, and e-transcripts of great literary pieces. They would be able to improve their chance of succeeding with an education tenfold. The western canon would be available even to Ethiopians....

Alright, so none of this would really happen. You'd have Nigerian scammers from Ethiopia, Somalia, and maybe even Uzbekistan.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadz
Just because they have access doesn't mean they know how to use it. ........
Exactly. Of the small percentage of people on the Earth who have it now, only a minute portion of that percentage seem to "get it". I am all for someone with a genuine desire to learn, but when people can't grasp the concept of what a mouse is and does...well....
Let's face it, some people have no need and will never have need for the internet. Just because you can do something or have something doesn't mean that you should.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
liberal123

Some people who don't use internet, don't want to use it because it's a change from what they have always done, and not everyone likes change.

The internet has it's good point, but as with everything it is easily weighed out by bad points, and people are always going to exploit those bad points, If there is an opportunity, they will take it!
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

I think we'd see a lot more websites in other languages... English would probably become the minority.

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Backing up an IBM clone using a mac? | Celebrate Christmas? Post a pic of what you want! »