mh10190
    If the entire world had Internet access.....
    If all the people in the world had equal access to the internet, what kind of a world do you think we'll live in.
    I heard that by 2010 only 1/4 people on earth will have any access to the web.
    Imagine a world were all of its inhabitants had the same access to information and people..
    Tell me what you think soceity will be like, better or worse, and why.

Specs:
    Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
    a lot more scammers, fraud, and hacking
    Report offensive posts
    Don't forget to use the rep system!

Specs:
    ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
    Quote Originally Posted by mh10190
    If all the people in the world had equal access to the internet, what kind of a world do you think we'll live in.
    I heard that by 2010 only 1/4 people on earth will have any access to the web.
    Imagine a world were all of its inhabitants had the same access to information and people..
    Tell me what you think soceity will be like, better or worse, and why.
    Just because they have access doesn't mean they know how to use it. I am always amazed by the number of people I know who can't even use email. Not that there is anything wrong with that, some people just find this stuff hard.

Biggest change I think would be more people might listen to my podcast.

bone

JSchultz
    Well, in my perrenialist opinion..

More and more people would have access to medical journals, literature, and e-transcripts of great literary pieces. They would be able to improve their chance of succeeding with an education tenfold. The western canon would be available even to Ethiopians....

Alright, so none of this would really happen. You'd have Nigerian scammers from Ethiopia, Somalia, and maybe even Uzbekistan.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by boneheadz
    Just because they have access doesn't mean they know how to use it. ........
    Exactly. Of the small percentage of people on the Earth who have it now, only a minute portion of that percentage seem to "get it". I am all for someone with a genuine desire to learn, but when people can't grasp the concept of what a mouse is and does...well....
    Let's face it, some people have no need and will never have need for the internet. Just because you can do something or have something doesn't mean that you should.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

liberal123
    Some people who don't use internet, don't want to use it because it's a change from what they have always done, and not everyone likes change.

The internet has it's good point, but as with everything it is easily weighed out by bad points, and people are always going to exploit those bad points, If there is an opportunity, they will take it!

Specs:
    rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
    I think we'd see a lot more websites in other languages... English would probably become the minority.
    "Luck favors the prepared"

Thread Information