New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

how soon after a new computer is released....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thoughtCoat

How soon after a new computer is released (say a powerbook) does Apple stop selling the older model on their website?

I am asking because I want to get a PB from Apple with the student discount. They may be releasing new ones in January and I'm not sure if I will be able to buy it before then and I do not want a new intel powerbook, just the kind they have now.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

They go into the Sale/Refurb section until they are sold out. Students don't get a discount off of Sale/Refurb items.
QUOTE Thanks
thoughtCoat

Dang...

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
harris2

harris2 is on a distinguished road

I have no inside info here, but I don't think a January release of PBs will have Intel chips. My understanding was that the intels weren't going to be released until the summer. My guess would be that the PowerMac would be the first to get them.

I am of course, ready and willing to be corrected.
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

i think you might want to wait on the powerbook, just because i have a hunch that the new powerbook MIGHT MIGHT just have an isight built in, but thats just what i think
QUOTE Thanks
thoughtCoat

I don't care about it having a webcam, thanks for the tip though.

Question: After you buy an Apple computer can you buy Apple care for it anytime within a year after purchase?
QUOTE Thanks
harris2

harris2 is on a distinguished road

Yep, it will be retroactive to the purchase date though. I bought AppleCare nine months after I bought my PB.
QUOTE Thanks
thoughtCoat

Cool, thanks harris. :mac:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SpeakMac | can anyone unlock my new rokr cell phone? »