New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Xbox '720' vs. 'PS4'

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jpriore25

jpriore25 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, iPhone 4

Hey everyone, was just doing some reading on some rumors about the two future systems (names are most likely not the names of the new consoles). Was just wondering what everyone thinks about them.
Always been a big 360 fan but I have a feeling 'PS4' is going to be much better.
Thoughts?

Xbox 720 release date, news and rumours | News | TechRadar

PS4 release date, news and rumours | News | TechRadar
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I'll be holding on to my PS3 for a long time. That's what I think.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

LOL I just got my PS3. Not upgrading any time soon.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
jpriore25

jpriore25 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, iPhone 4

Lol well for one thing they probably wont be released until 2015. And even then I'll probably wait at least a year for them to work out any kinks( like 360's when it first came out)
Pretty crappy with the whole no more trade ins lol but I guess they have to increase their profits and what not..$70 is just too much to buy new games all the time though
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriore25 View Post
Pretty crappy with the whole no more trade ins
That's particularly the reason why I have no interest in them, unless they drop the prices significantly, or if these rumors end up being false. In my opinion, part of an items worth is its resale value. Remove that resale value, and your just left with a worthless game.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Groovetube

Groovetube has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Retina MBP 2.7 768ssd/16gig ram /30" dell 3008. and bunch of other mac/apple stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggibar View Post
I'll be holding on to my PS3 for a long time. That's what I think.
yep. I barely use the PS3 as it is.

Maybe the PS5
QUOTE Thanks
Feniks80

Feniks80 is on a distinguished road

I just got my Xbox, it'll be awhile till i buy a new system. I'm a little hesitant with the next gen systems; the Wii U does look interesting though. Minecraft X360 will keep me very busy, it comes out at midnight - i can't wait...
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

Couldnt even fathom getting interested in a console that is still 3+ yrs away.
Be keeping my 360 for a while yet me thinks.

On the OP i would go for the 720 if and when it came down to it. Still like the feel of 360 games more so thn PS3 so i know where my money will go.

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

I'll probably stick with Microsoft. Only a few PS3 exclusive titles interested me, but the 360's exclusives are /were much higher on my play list. Much rather have Forza over GT4.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriore25 View Post
Lol well for one thing they probably wont be released until 2015.
I'm sure things will be better than Diablo III. Wikipedia quote:

"Development on Diablo III began in 2001 when Blizzard North was still in operation."

Development began 2001...released date May, 2012...this better be GOOD!!!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
thejoetisor

thejoetisor is on a distinguished road

I'll be sticking with my 360 until they discontinue Live for it.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/

Might be released earlier.

I lied. I love the Sony Playstation too much to not get it on release day. I can't believe I never noticed this, but I've had every generation(revision one models) right from release date, along with the PSP and PSVita. I would be breaking my record of consistency if I don't get the new PS4....and you all know how much I love consistency It's why I love my Mac computers.

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

As much gaming as I do any longer, I should sell my PS3. Think I have the last version that still had the hardware capability to still play all the previous games - so it's several years old. Haven't even played the last 2 games I bought.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

If the rumors of always connected and no used games come true, then I'll be skipping both and probably saving the funds to build a decent gaming PC.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Just got my 360 for Christmas, so quite disappointed that it will be out of date so quickly, then again, it seems I'm always behind the times....

This caught my eye: "Will Microsoft kill the second-hand games market?

There have been rumours cicrulating that the new Xbox console will feature a system aimed at preventing owners playing used games. That would mean no trading-in of old titles in order to fund the purchase of new ones - a move that would not be warmly received by gamers or highstreet store.

The rumors center around the concept of the new Xbox demanding an always-on internet connection. That sounds like a horrifying idea to us – say it ain't so!
"

If that happens, it will literally, without a doubt, murder the Xbox name and Microsoft's console market share.

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gaming, Need Some Friends!!! | My Silent Night instrumental »