Specs:
    MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
    Looking for: a good chat site :)
    Hi all

im looking for a good chat site.. i'm beginning to miss the good ole chat days, and just wanted to know if any of you guys/gals knew a good site?
    :black:
    - It's like - he was got - they'd just like. It was like so hush hush. They were so... quiet about it. And then the next thing you know...

try chat.yahoo.com maybe

Just bother trying IRC, everbody signs on, then just sits there and doesn't chat, I'll never understand that.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis
    try chat.yahoo.com maybe

Just bother trying IRC, everbody signs on, then just sits there and doesn't chat, I'll never understand that.
    Could it be that most of us have lives and more important things to do than chat on IRC all day?
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
    What he is trying to say is that why do they sign on then, if they are not going to chat?

I agree with 'mynameis', 90% of the people that sign on to IRC just do it because they want to tell their friends they use IRC, which I never understood.
    Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by rberry88
    What he is trying to say is that why do they sign on then, if they are not going to chat?

I agree with 'mynameis', 90% of the people that sign on to IRC just do it because they want to tell their friends they use IRC, which I never understood.
    I do it so I can see conversations and pop in and out of the conversation. As for me specifically, the channel is registered to my nickname and so I need to maintain a certain amount of presence in order for the channel to stay active.

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    Quote Originally Posted by rberry88

So your saying people log into irc.. to brag? I think people just sign in, then never sign out because they know they will return sometime. Your not going to tell me you sign in and out of AIM or what ever service you use everytime your not chatting... Away Message people.. idle time... Does it even really matter if people are in the chat just chillin with their real lives?

Specs:
    17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
    <i>So your saying people log into irc.. to brag?</i>

Yep. Case in point. We have two people that go to our Linux meet each month that brag about IRC taking up alot of their time. We later were having drinks at the bar and they fessed up to knowing how to log into IRC but thats about it, they think it sounds cooler than saying they were on AIM. LOL

It doesn't matter to me, I was just agreeing with 'mynameis' that I think it is lame that people sit in the IRC channels all day without saying anything. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary. I do understand schwebs' point and understand it but for the casuall chatter it just doesn't make sense to me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread about finding chatrooms.....
    Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    ha, yeah... I think what your saying and correct me if im wrong

You think its dumb that people sit in chat rooms.. and are physically at their computers... and don't say a word.. (even though, I guess it can be fun to read now and then if its a funny chat.. IE anytime im IN !!! buahah OMG ROXORZ!)

and what schweb and I are saying, is that we chill in the chat rooms, but either we're doing work, or we are not at our computers... and when we return in a few hours, its nice to have the computer all set up. Then, when we have free time we can just switch screens and talk if we so choose.. or just use our free time in real life

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
    IRC is like sitting alone in a bar for a long time. you will ocassionally talk to your friends as they come and go and listen to peoples conversations and interjecting here or there.

Specs:
    Ibook G4 12" - 1.33Ghz. 40GB, Ipod Shuffle 1GB.
    hey I just wanted to know if anyone would be able to tell me a good # on mirc. I go there quite often and was wondering if there was something specifically for mac users. Other than that, its a personal preference if people want to chat or not.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by fearlessfreap24
    IRC is like sitting alone in a bar for a long time. you will ocassionally talk to your friends as they come and go and listen to peoples conversations and interjecting here or there.
    That's about the best description I've heard!

Thread Information