New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Americas Cheapskates

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Watched a pretty funny television show last night called Americas Cheapskates.. All i can say is WOW what people do to save money..

One lady Uses sheets of cloth for toilet paper and rewashes them as used (BLAH)
She also goes to a special market and purchases expired food hoping its ok for her family to eat...

One guy goes with his wife to restaurants sees other tables with leftovers, walks over and asks can I have your leftovers...

Part of me was hoping it was all fake but I dont think it is LOL
QUOTE Thanks
fluhartz

fluhartz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.9.2, iPhone 4s, ATV3

NASTY.... is all I can say.....
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.2-MacMini3,1:10.9.2-iPhone6,1:7.1

Sign of the times. Like kids drinking hand sanitizer to get off. Crazy world today with what passes for entertainment.

Privacy has become a luxury good. Be prepared to pay for it going forward...
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Not really saving much money if you have to use soap and water to wash cloth. All of those things mentioned above is gross.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You could help make America a better place to live by refusing to watch these sorts of shows. Then they would be off the air and the people who go on them (attention-seekers -- it's not like they don't know they are being filmed) wouldn't get the attention.

Before Reagan came along, a lot of these folks would be in mental institutions where they could actually get help. Now they get TV shows.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

WARNING Don't read this thread if you're eating.

I knew a lady that saved money on plant fertilizer. She used her own waste product.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

What's really funny is if people believe this only happens in "America."

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.2-MacMini3,1:10.9.2-iPhone6,1:7.1

It's all Bush's fault.

Privacy has become a luxury good. Be prepared to pay for it going forward...
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

A&E has a lot of these kinds of shows that make me wonder how crazy some people can be..you would think some of this would be very fringe behavior in very isolated parts of the US or any other modern nation, but I guess that really isn't the case..

I'm the kind of the guy that will cut out a coupon for something, take it with me to the store, purchase said item the coupon is valid for, forget to use the coupon, remember half way home that I didn't use the coupon, drive home anyway and throw the coupon away..

I'm too lazy (and make a good enough living) to not care about saving a few cents..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I use toilet rolls to pack all my computer cables in the drawer

Does that make me bad?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cable-tidy.jpg (32.8 KB, 50 views)

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

@louishen, that actually makes you very smart as opposed to me who dumps all the cables into a drawer and then spends all of my time trying to untangle them..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
@louishen, that actually makes you very smart as opposed to me who dumps all the cables into a drawer and then spends all of my time trying to untangle them..
You've only got a drawer for that? Call Me when it gets to be the size of one of those large plastic storage containers. Seriously dude you are nit trying hard enough.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

Don't blame me if following this advice causes loss of data, a rip in space time allowing dinosaurs to roam free, or your significant other to leave.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
WARNING Don't read this thread if you're eating.

I knew a lady that saved money on plant fertilizer. She used her own waste product.
That's actually not surprising. I've seen and heard worst. >_>" Don't phase me anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post

Does that make me bad?
What a novel idea. I <3 it. Saves time and you are recycling and repurposing stuff.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Groovetube

Groovetube has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Retina MBP 2.7 768ssd/16gig ram /30" dell 3008. and bunch of other mac/apple stuff

one of the big reasons why I cut cable off a few years ago and went with OTA and appleTV.

The time wasted channel surfing to crap like that only helps support that sort of trash.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post

Does that make me bad?
Thanks for a great idea . . . though, honestly, I really need to ask myself, "why am I hanging on to these plastic bins of cables?".

As for the original stuff above . . . GROSS . . . Makes me glad I don't usually watch shows like that.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« One of the original innovators in hip hop dead. RIP MCA | anyone ever try QuiBids? »