New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Value of 1984 apple IIc?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

killmanaj

killmanaj is on a distinguished road

I came across an Apple IIc everything working and original with all papers and manuals, carrying case, printer and unopened ink. I was just cur ious of the value. Thanks in advance for your comments
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

With all the papers and manuals, and totally original condition, I'd estimate around $100 max on Ebay.

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks
killmanaj

That's a bummer. I thought it would be worth little more than that.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmanaj View Post
That's a bummer. I thought it would be worth little more than that.
Value is in the eye of the beholder. Put it on eBay and see what it brings. You may end up pleasantly surprised.

I think it's neat you have one in pristine condition . . . But I already have WAY too much stuff around the house.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
killmanaj

Well, i can't decide if i would sell it. My friend wants to trade me an unlocked iphone 4 for it but if it is only worth 100 i may tell him he can have it back
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Well, i can't decide if i would sell it. My friend wants to trade me an unlocked iphone 4 for it but if it is only worth 100 i may tell him he can have it back
Unless you are a collector you are probably better off with the iPhone.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
I came across an Apple IIc everything working and original with all papers and manuals, carrying case, printer and unopened ink. I was just cur ious of the value. Thanks in advance for your comments
In "computer world"...just because it's old...doesn't mean it's valuable. In fact...in many many many cases..."old" in computer world usually means it's not worth much at all.

Here's an e-Bay auction that ends soon:

$61.50 with 1 hour 45 min to go:
Apple IIc + Monitor + Stand + Mouse and More - Tested | eBay

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Ttaylor394

Ttaylor394 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '10 21.5iMac self update-1TB 16GB-'12 MBP13 self update 1TB 16gb-32GB&16gb iphones-32GB iPad,

take the iPhone 4.

21.5"iMac i3 3.06:running 10.7  500GB HD  16GB DDR3  Magic Trackpad  Black iPhone4 32GB  White iPhone4 16GB  Apple Extreme Airport Base Station 
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Looks like the Apple IIc I linked from e-Bay sold for $102.50...so "MacDude121's" earlier estimate was pretty darn accurate!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Looks like the Apple IIc I linked from e-Bay sold for $102.50...so "MacDude121's" earlier estimate was pretty darn accurate!

- Nick
He was probably the buyer . . . some people will do anything to be proven right!

QUOTE Thanks
gdm z28

gdm z28 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttaylor394 View Post
take the iPhone 4.
+1

Take the iPhone
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
He was probably the buyer . . . some people will do anything to be proven right!
Haha! No, believe me, I have MUCH better things to spend $100 on than a computer from the 1980's.

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks
tufah

tufah is on a distinguished road

I am interested to buy your apple IIc depending on the condition If you still have it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Google is now gaming map search results | iPad3 Launch Event? »