New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Super bowl 46 Pats versus Giants

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 2011 Stock with Time Capsule. Ipad2 Colecovision

Wow surprised no one has mentioned this before.

Shirley our life is not all megs and hard drives and don't call me Shirley

This is a great Superbowl not just for the fans but for the media, networks and football legacies.

Two great coaches, 1 and a half great quarterbacks and one of the worst defensive in the history of all sports yet the Pats with The greatest coach of all time are in it.

Have you guys seen the NE defense? It's like a spin off of the Bad news Bears. Just like the movie Major League I find myself saying who are these effin guys?

Their last Superbowl they went in like Mike Tyson thinking they were unbeatable and got stuffed by the surprising Giants. This year is Eli Mannings best year and the defensive is better than the Pats but I think Belichick will be prepared and the Gronkster will spike the ball one or two times.

30-27 in favor of the Pats

This Superbowl will break all viewership records.

Pats do it for... Belichick
Bob Krafts wife -Myra Kraft
Brady of course but one more for the one of the most respected guys in football - Kevin Faulk who will most certainly retire this year.

I hope you guys have fun watching the game no matter who you route for!

Newbie of the year 2011
QUOTE Thanks
alexsd123

alexsd123 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

I really dislike both teams, so I won't be rooting for either team.

I'm kind of tired of the same teams being in the Superbowl... Like, can some other team please win a few games and make it to the Superbowl!

Oh well, it's going to be fun hanging out with friends and eating lots of food!
QUOTE Thanks
Ghost Rider

Alex that is a good answer

At least you can watch the commercials
Winning a Championship starts at the top with ownership and works its way down. I really wanted to see the 49ers this year in the Superbowl that would have been a great storyline.

I think the makeup for teams will be a lot different in the upcoming years. The 49ers, Panthers and Lions will be play makers. So you will soon get your wish.

Newbie of the year 2011
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I'll be watching because I always do. It has lost a bit of interest for me since neither the Saints or Cowboys are involved. Personally if neither of those teams could make it I was kinda rooting for any AFC team but the Pats.

Not normally an AFC guy but I just could not bring myself to root for either the Giants or Niners. Still haven't gotten over some of the beatings Montana and Young put on the Saints back in the day. lol

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I'm not going to lie, I don't really care that much about this game, but I lived in NYC during my younger years, so I will root for them, especially since I greatly dislike The Patriots. I'm more so looking forward to the new car commercials, along with some other entertaining ones.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

I could care less about football (or most professional sports for that matter), but I will certainly enjoy the commercials. Isn't that the whole point?

I was born and spent the first 10 years of my life in Clifton, NJ - about 15 minutes away from where the New Jersey Giants play, so I suppose I should root for them. But to be honest, I don't care.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

So its tonight then, I'll probably fall asleep before I can watch it here in the UK, but I may have a look - but dont expect me to make it through the game as it plays in the early hours here

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Go NY!!

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghost Rider

I'm excited we're almost there everyone

Newbie of the year 2011
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
I really wanted to see the 49ers this year in the Superbowl that would have been a great storyline.
Um, yeah, if the Ravens had gotten in as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
I could care less about football (or most professional sports for that matter), but I will certainly enjoy the commercials.
DVR it and then you can skip the game.

I'll be pulling for the Giants, and watching on my new HD TV, just set up yesterday!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I'll be watching because I always do. It has lost a bit of interest for me since neither the Saints or Cowboys are involved. Personally if neither of those teams could make it I was kinda rooting for any AFC team but the Pats.
C'mon Sly, you mean you're not rooting for Archie Manning's son? Can't forget all the years Archie played for New Orleans.... One of the greatest QBs of all times.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold

Last two minutes...I'm practically standing on my chair! Go Giants!

EDIT: Ohhhh yeaahhhhh! Nice game Giants!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Well...I'm from Maine so obviously I was rooting for the patriots. But after seeing what I just saw, I'll honestly never support them again. At least not as long as Brady is still there. He needs to be traded IMMEDIATELY. The defense needs a major overhaul as well.

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks
Ghost Rider

Wow what an awesome game but in the end NE lost.

Trading Brady would be like when the Red Sox traded Babe Ruth. NE needs real defensive players. Their front line is awesome but their secondary is a mess.

Congrats NY fans Excuse me while I cry myself to sleep.

Newbie of the year 2011
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

I used to be a big fan of The Pats, as well as most eastern teams, but it's the Pat's..."dominating"(can't use the real word I want to use) attitude that makes me not care for them anymore. They think they are the best, yet the Giants beat them twice at the most important game of the year. I don't think I'm alone in this judgment either.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My Wee Lil Project | The cost of music »