New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Freaky, unexplainable stuff.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JSchultz

Ok. This may sound weird, and I am very creeped out by this.

A couple of Saturday's ago, my girlfriend and I went out to a Halloween bash sort of thing. Come back to her house, get ready for bed, etc, etc. She had a disposable camera which she had been using all night, and it had maybe 5 pictures left on it.

Fast forward to tonight. She had the pictures developed earlier today, and I got to looking at them when I got off of work. She handed me the packet, and told me everything came out fine, except for a couple towards the end.

The first one is of me sleeping. Like a shot from her side of the bed, maybe level with me laying down. It's of my upper body and my face. I tell her, "no big deal, you took a picture of me sleeping." She tells me to go to the next picture. I then realize I'm looking at a picture of her sleeping as well. This shot however, was taken more closeup. As in, maybe 10-12 inches away from her face. Both were taken sequentially.

I think, and think. How is this possible? No one else was home, just her and I. I think I would remember a picture with flash being taken of me, and I have no clue why she didn't wake up if a flash photo was taken of her from literally point blank. All my friends say "ooh, it's a ghost". But then, how do ghost use disposable cameras? They surely can't be proficient enough to wind the thingy to the next picture? Otherwise, no-one else could have snuck into the house. They have all doors locked, security on...etc. Doors chime when opened/closed. And if so..who the **** would go straight to the basement (Where her room is) and take a picture of two people and leave, untraced?

I don't know. This is by far, the craziest thing to happen to me.

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
hondagus87

hondagus87 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: New MACBOOK

was alconol involded????? Maybe you both took the pictures of each other, and don't remember, or maybe if she has sisters or brothers, they took the pictures?
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

I would check to make sure where the picture was taken, and how much i drank.. what i drank
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

iWhat plugs iPod into the intercom, and presses play.

*lights flicker for no reason*

Someone hold me! :eek:
QUOTE Thanks
JSchultz

Actually, I was sober as could be that night. We're both broke as ****, so we didn't drink much. As a matter of fact, I think I had one beer all night. She had maybe 2 mixed drinks (clubs charge 9 bucks for mixed drinks!! Thieves!!)

And as far as brothers or sisters..she has one who is married and lives in New York. I doubt her 27 year old sister would fly out to Chicago to take creepy pictures of us.

I slept with one eye open last night! I'm still a bit freaked out!!
QUOTE Thanks
sirune

sirune is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig

man that's really creepy.
check if by any chance there's a glimpse of you in that picture.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Your GF is messing with your head. She took the one of herself, herself, and is trying to pass it off as a mystery and freak you out.

It appears to be working....

QUOTE Thanks
JSchultz

I think that seems to be the only logical explanation.

There is a glimpse of me in the picture of her.

I confronted her about it, and she denies everything. So the only possible explanation?....

... The people under the stairs. Yep.
QUOTE Thanks
sirune

sirune is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig

okay
you said the picture is 10-12 inches away from her right?
see if her arm is outstretched..
man, this is oh so weird..
how was your sleep last night btw?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Like W. C Fields said:

There's a sucker born every minute....

QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

eh, she could have had someone else take it, too. She's DEFINITELY playing a prank on you. I mean, it was Halloween. Come on.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

I would just forget all about it... ruin who evers fun it is.

For all we know, you took the pictures... and for that matter there could be no pictures and your just making up a story...
QUOTE Thanks
sevenhelmet

sevenhelmet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminum Macbook 2.4Ghz; Powermac G5 2.3Ghz dual

sounds like your g/f has a pretty good sense of humor... If it were me, I'd just let it go and keep making references to the "ghost in the basement" and/or start doing things like saying "What was that?!" while you're hanging out down there with her. If you do it right, you can turn it around and maybe freak her out a little (in a good way!) OR at least she'll finally confess, exasperated "I did it! There's no ghost!!!"

lol... but that's just me.

"Luck favors the prepared"
QUOTE Thanks
JSchultz

Haha. I woudln't lie. There really are pictures.

But at this point, my logic tells me that it had to be her. I mean..come on..has there ever been a ghost story where someone said "it took pictures of us with a disposable camera!"..No! So I think it was her. Had to be. Better be
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

yep it was her! every heard of a tri-pod? lol

Report offensive posts
Don't forget to use the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Oprah was giving away video iPods | I think one of my neghbors is on my wireless network »