New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

stolen mac mini

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mdavis71

mdavis71 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook

I done a quick search didnt fine anything, is there a way to report a mac mini that got stollen from me to apple?? so that if they get it in for service or something they will hold it or at least not give it back to the guy who stole it from me??
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

Applecare (if you have it) doesn't cover stolen equipment There's something called Lapcop but I don't know if it'll help after the fact. http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...phonehome.html check this out if you have all your information.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Does a Mac Mini have a unique serial number on it? I don't remember seeing one on mine.
QUOTE Thanks
Morowin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
Does a Mac Mini have a unique serial number on it? I don't remember seeing one on mine.

All Macintosh computers have a unique serial number on them, as do the display's and printers that apple makes (or made in the case of the printer). The serial number for your mac mini is on the bottom of it. (and yes it is very small.)
QUOTE Thanks
Kyomii

Kyomii will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4

To find the serial number of any Mac, just click the apple, and about this mac.
Then, where it says version (such as 10.4.2), click on that and it will show you the build number, then click on that and it will show you your serial number.

Fondest regards, Kyomii

My Snapshots
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Also it has a unique mac address.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

if you registered it with apple they should have a record of you and the serial number of the mac mini.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The apple theme song/video | Mod »