New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Recording a phone conversation on an iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Milwauken

How can I use my iMac to record a telephone conversation? I have an important conference call coming up, lasting over an hour, and I need to record what is being said. I have a telephone jack input on the back of the iMac. What software do I need? :batman:
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

I am not aware of such a program for the mac but I may be wrong. I am interested in knowing this as well.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

The "Telephone Jack" is for the modem. Some of the older Modem software used to allow you to talk on the phone from you Mac via a Mic. To be honest, I have not played with a modem in so long I don't even know what is available. One option you do have though is to use a speakerphone and a Mic and record the convo as a sound file (perhaps through QT if you have QT Pro). It might not be the best quality, but it would work. Get an Apple approved Mic though; many standard PC Mics don't work on Macs.

On a side note, there are some legal issues here. Legally, if you plan on recording the convo, you have to inform all parties involved that the convo will be recorded, and verbally obtain their consent. I assume you live in the US, and this is both a Federal and (in most cases) a state law. Just something to think about.

QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Nice disclaimer there I forgot about that one.

Unless you are being threatened then you don't have to inform the parties. Also the government doesn't have a problem tapping you without permission and I totally disagree with that. :black:
QUOTE Thanks
_humfy

_humfy will become famous soon enough

Not sure if this'll help:

http://www.proteron.com/wiretap.php
http://www.ahernstore.com/rl-100.html
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How fast do you type? | Am I stupid? »