New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

anybody got this as well?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sirune

sirune is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig

okay, i'm a high school student.. and where i come from, macs aren't the norm.
so i got my ibook and an ipod and brought it to school, showed it to my friends and such.
ok my point is, i've realised that because people aren't accustomed to seeing such a beautiful thing, i get acquintances looking at me, talking to me about it.
okay, i'm not sad or don't have many friends, and i'm certainly not looking for the attention. but its just something interesting i've realised- people love the mac coz its so pretty.
same goes for my ipod, we high school students love our music, and i've got tons of friends who have those other mp3 players. yet i realise that us lucky enough to get an ipod get more people who like to borrow them- more than those using normal mp3 players.
so yeah, anybody experience the same thing?
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Check this out.

:-)
QUOTE Thanks
hojkoff_101

hojkoff_101 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM

I’m a student to. Were I come from if you have an mp3 player than it's pretty much an iPod. iPods are the norm. But I do agree with the point about the iBook. I am getting a PowerBook (which should be coming tomorrow actually) and when I tell people that I've order one they kind of raise there eyebrows a bit and say "wow, a Mac, sweet." You just don’t seem to get that with a PC. I don't know what it is about them though. I do think that it is to do with the fact that Apple's are a bit more expensive than PC's and that it's quite an individual thing to do to get a Mac. I think that because not allot of people have them they are intrigued as to what there like. Everyone’s played with a PC but not everyone’s played with a Mac.

That cartoon is pretty good.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribiner23
I got to get out more. :dummy:
QUOTE Thanks
sirune

sirune is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat
I got to get out more. :dummy:
its definitely a chick magnet :p
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I realize it's just a cartoon, but I have had that happen to me with my iBook while at public WiFi hotspots.

Another reason I'm glad I went for the iBook instead of the PowerBook. :-)
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Definately the iBook is a Chick Magnet. Couple it with the iPod and be prepared to start running. That's Paul Wall.
QUOTE Thanks
WasabiTaylor

WasabiTaylor is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse

This statement couldn't be truer. The few (trust me, few) times that I've had a fine looking young lady in my room, they seem to spend more time in awe of my iMac than they do chilling with me.

Steve Jobbs must get so many chicks... :p
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox As Default Browser | Printer W/ Network Port »