New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Favorite Cigars

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dmachine

dmachine is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM

I was just wondering if there are any cigar smokers on here and what there favorite brands of cigars are. Two of my favorite brands are Cohiba and Helix. Both of them are very smooth and have a great taste and smell to them. Cohiba's are kind of expensive (or at least they are to me) the cheapest in my area is $10.50, the Helix's are less expensive and are very good smokes for the price, $4.20 for the cheapest in my area. Just thought I would start a thread that all of us cigar smokers could discuss our favorite brands and also some favorite places to smoke cigars. Also, I like to take my PowerBook out on my deck and smoke a cigar, I like to sit out their and read these forums and browse the internet and listen to music, its very relaxing.
QUOTE Thanks
Merlinblack

Heh the funny thing is I no Idea what the name of the cigar I smoke is. I can tell you what shelf it is on at the shop .

The last couple cigars I've smoked have been "Romeo and Juliets". Those cigars have quite a kick to them, go very slow if you get your mitts on one of them.

I like to smoke them outside as well. Under the stars at night is best when it's just you and your cigar and nobody is bugging you about anything or anyone. I love it!
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

not really a cigar smoker but some Havana Half Coronas came into my possession so i think ill part take in one of those even though i might not really appriciate it

Apple, think different
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I had the pleasure of visiting Europe a few years back on business. I found that I have a preference for Cuban Romeo Y Juliettas. I was in a position where I was able to bring several boxes back without having to go through customs. :ninja: Needless to say, I almost strictly smoke these when I do smoke cigars.

QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Cubans, just because they are illegal. Otherwise would just be average. :black:
QUOTE Thanks
dmachine

dmachine is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Black Macbook Intel 2GHZ CD, 2GB RAM

The first time that I smoked a Cuban I had one **** of a buzz that I had to lay down, it was insane.
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2 4gbram iPhone5

hey

i like cafe cremes by henri winterman

regards :spook:
QUOTE Thanks
Merlinblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
I had the pleasure of visiting Europe a few years back on business. I found that I have a preference for Cuban Romeo Y Juliettas. I was in a position where I was able to bring several boxes back without having to go through customs. :ninja: Needless to say, I almost strictly smoke these when I do smoke cigars.
Do you find them strong compared to cubans/other cubans (can't remember)? They just about knock me out everytime I get near them.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

One of the things I liked about the Romeo Y Julietas was their smoothness and good taste. Didn't find them strong at all. Very smoooooooth....

QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

im looking farward to crackin open the cubans later on after the comments

Apple, think different
QUOTE Thanks
Merlinblack

mmmm Just finished a cigar not 15 mins ago

This time I had a Hupmann, but I looked at the name of my "favorite" while I was at the store and it was a montecristo.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

MMMM, Yes Monticristos. I got some of those (Cuban) while in Europe as well. Not as smooth as the Romeo Y Juliettas, but close.

QUOTE Thanks
TinyEric

TinyEric is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.

Reviving an old thread...

Recently got given some Montecristo Sublimes (Limited Edition 2008), just smoked one and I have to say it was a very smooth cigar, strong but smooth. They have been aged for 2-years.

Normally, not that smoke cigars very often, but when I do I tend to buy a tin of Cafe Creme - blues.
QUOTE Thanks
dabears34

dabears34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4

Im really a fan of "the edge" its only $7 or $8. Also I love Arturo Fuentes.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

You wicked naughty boy!

It will stunt your growth!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do you decorate for The Holidays? | After X-Mas Sales? »