New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Pirates of Silicon Valley

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Samsonite

Samsonite is on a distinguished road

Has anyone here seen this movie? I watched it the other day and i thought it was ok. How close is it to the truth?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I have it on VHS

I have no idea how close to the truth it is.
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Pretty close, although Jobs never attended Berkley like they suggest in the movie. It's probably one of the best made-for-TV movies I've ever seen.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

better than band of brothers?
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
NEVER! BOB is the best ever.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Visit Steve Wozniac's Page. He tells his thoughts on the accuracy of the movie. He said it was pretty dead on in the important parts. From all I have seen and read, I agree.
QUOTE Thanks
Morowin

If anyone is interested you can now as of a few weeks ago get it on dvd from amazon for $14.99! I for one am ordering as this is one of my favorite movies. It's so weird to think of something like the creation of personal computers as history.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morowin
If anyone is interested you can now as of a few weeks ago get it on dvd from amazon for $14.99!
Awesome, I figured it would never go to DVD.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Yeah it's on DVD. Another movie to get if you can find it is the Robert Cringley one from PBS. It has not just Apple but Microsoft, IBM, the very first PC and a lot of history. Only problem is the DVD is quite expensive. I caught it on PBS when it first came out and taped it but still want the DVD. Also the real people are in this program, Gates, Jobs, the IBM dood that worked with Microsoft and the dood that was in charge of the first IBM PC, All about the Apple I and II, The Altaire 8080 and even how Compaq started. Highly recomended.
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
Never saw BOB, but now I'll have to take a look-see.
QUOTE Thanks
Morowin

There is another one that I have yet to see, but it looks like it might be really good. It's called Triumph of the Nerds. I think that might be the one that aired on pbs. Has anyone seen it? Let me know what you thought.
QUOTE Thanks
diim

Yeah, Triumph of the Nerds and Pirates of Silicon Valley are the only 2 I'm missing from my geek collection.

I own:

Antitrust
War Games
Hackers
Office Space
Tron
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Office Space was pretty darn good. That's one of my all-time favorite movies. Mike Judge just rules.
QUOTE Thanks
gbv5501

gbv5501 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook. Keeping it simple these days.

Don't forget Revolution OS.

http://www.revolution-os.com/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Refurbs are cheap! | automator question »