New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Bye Bye Photoshop?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

paulr

paulr is on a distinguished road

I love Photoshop, but I love my Mac more.
and Apple and Adobe's patchy relationship seems to be getting worse, not better.
Adobe have finally ditched Flash. I'd expected that to be the start of some form of reconciliation between the two since Steve Jobs has been dissing Flash for years, but instead, Adobe have brought out Photoshop Touch for the Android.
If you search the Adobe site hard you'll find a note saying that if you are looking for Photoshop Touch for the iPad, you can expect an announcement next year!!
My guess is the announcement will say "Go buy an Android"!

Anyway. My question is, as a Mac, iPhone and iPad user, is there an alternative to Adobe?
QUOTE Thanks
Groovetube

Groovetube has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Retina MBP 2.7 768ssd/16gig ram /30" dell 3008. and bunch of other mac/apple stuff

well first, adobe hasn't killed flash at all. Just the plugin model for phones.

second, there is photoshop express for iOS, and I'm sure others will develop for iOS, like pixelmator etc.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Furthermore, I'm sure that Adobe isn't THAT stupid. Photoshop is their retail sales bread and butter, and cutting off Mac users would be institutional suicide. Don't be so dramatic, it's not going anywhere.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
Groovetube

Groovetube has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Retina MBP 2.7 768ssd/16gig ram /30" dell 3008. and bunch of other mac/apple stuff

indeed, in spite of the apple/adobe spat which, hopefully will die down in time, the iOS platform certainly the ipad most notably, would be a cash cow for adobe.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

And it's not like Adobe is exactly the most easy outfit to get along with. In addition to their "at odds" with Apple, they went through the same thing with MS when the beta of Windows 7 included PDF conversion. Adobe balked at it and forced MS to make it a separate download.

But as Doug says, they're not stupid... just stubborn at times.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Paper or Plastic? | Faster than 3x10^8 meters/second »