New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Wendy's Rant

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

Ok, here goes. I went to donate blood today. On the way there, i stopped by Wendy's to enjoy a good meal before i got there. when i pulled up, i noticed the the 99 cent menu was no longer. half of the 99 cent items were now 1.29. i thought maybe this was because it was the wendys by the beach because most things that are by the beach are different from their in town counter parts. so went on to the donation center. They told me that i could not because i had been to Acapulco and Costa Rica. so i rolled on to the wendys not far from my house. it was the same way!!!!!!!!!!!! i know that i only had to pay .30 more for what i usually got, but come on, seriously. that was the last decent value menu out there. i paid .99 for a small drink. the soda industry is making a killing off of americans. i mexico, you can get a liter of coke for .99. in panama it is cheaper. then, my usual .99 jr bacon cheese burger was a 1.29!!!!!!!!!! what a rip off.

rant over.

QUOTE Thanks
lil

I warn you now.

Whatever you do.

Never, EVER, move to England You'd have a heart attack over the prices

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

That's why fast food sucks. I only go when I am desperate for food. It makes me feel ill sometimes when I eat it and for the prices I at least want to feel good dangit.
QUOTE Thanks
Merlinblack

get used to it with gas prices going up inflation is going to pop up everywhere including your local fast food joints. Now imagine if your a Mom and Pop shop selling donairs or burgers, you don't buy your burgers/meat in bulk so you are paying huge amounts of money for the meat, but to keep competative with the wendy's down the street you have to keep your prices low.

THEN factor in the fact that you americans haven't had Canadian beef for nearly 2 years and that some of the Canadian ranchers have gone bankrupt and beef is less plentiful than it was before the mad cow incident.

You're lucky it's not $1.50. :p

But I enjoy my wendy's as well. I probably would have been mad as well.
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

They did the same thing here about 6 mos ago. Sux but my 5 piece nuggets are still .99c. Thats all I ever get anyways

QUOTE Thanks
Vong

Vong is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac - 3.06 C2D - 4 GB RAM & Mac Mini - 1.66 Intel - 2GB RAM

Yeah, well if you want to Biggie size the french fries in the combo meals now, you have to specifically tell them to do it, otherwise you get the normal large size fries. I forget how much it costs to make the fries biggie now, but I consider it a ripoff... They charge you $.40 to biggie size the drink, and then an additional fee for the biggie size fries now?!?!?! I don't think so. The only time I eat at Wendy's now is when my wife goes with me, because she used to work there and the managers give us free food!
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Buy from a grocery store, eat healthy, and ull save money.

if you really want 99 soda buy a 2-3 liter bottle.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Its the higher gas prices that are driving up the cost of everything
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Higher gas prices.

I'd **love** to pay a couple of bucks for fuel. As it stands, we pay around probably $8-9 dollars for a gallon (US gallon, wouldn't inflict a UK gallon on you now :flower: )

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite

if you really want 99 soda buy a 2-3 liter bottle.
TOUCHE!

Watch the documentary "Super Size Me"! I hardly ate it before then but after watching that it just confirmed it more. Like I said though when you are desperate that's probably the last option, besides the dumpster, lol. Unless I am really hungry I just usually skip the meal if I am forced to go with fast food. Usually get caught up in work when I miss meals.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I don't eat cheeseburgs from fast food restaurants anymore. I've sworn off McDonald's and Burger King completely. I only get the salad and chilly from Wendy's. But I haven't quite convinced myself to give up Taco Bell. :eek:

Does my butt look big?
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

Quote:
Quote:

i usually do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vong
Yeah, well if you want to Biggie size the french fries in the combo meals now, you have to specifically tell them to do it, otherwise you get the normal large size fries.
i just wanted a cheap meal. when i do get a combo meal from wendy's it is usually the spicy chicken sandwich, plain with a piece of cheese. i was just complaining about the "value menu"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sursuciofla
Quote:
Originally Posted by sursuciofla
I just usually skip the meal if I am forced to go with fast food.
that is unhealthy. your metabolism needs you to eat consistently. while on deployment, i usually skipped at least one meal a day because it was generally disgusting or i chose to sleep. i gained 10 pounds over 4 months. i have been home for 3 weeks and i have lost 5 pounds because i am eating 3 meals a day with good portioning and nutrition.

QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Doesn't matter if I stuff myself, don't eat, or eat a little bit every few hours, I have been the same weight for 8 years. I guess maybe when I hit my mid-30s or so that may change but my metabolism is off the chain right now. I agree though it is unhealthy what I do sometimes.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Hmm, I guess we can start debating nutrition if thats where its going...
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Yes, Graphite what is your nutritional opinion? :black:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« US in the UK | Can anyone find this... »