sumomo
    Unhappy Student Union Rebate?
    Back in August, I purchased an ibook and ipod mini to take advantage of the promotional rebate. I sent form and everything immediately... and about more than a week ago, I recieved a letter saying that I sent the web order/confirmation form instead of a 'valid' receipt. So i called the apple canada rebate center and they told me to fax the receipt to them, and I did so the following night. I called again to try to confirm if it was received and if it's the correct one, etc. But there's no reponse ever since. I've been calling for a week now, the call always gets forwarded to the machine. I even tried emailing... and still no response yet. I tried calling Apple, but seems like they can't do anything about it. What else can I do? Has anyone got their rebate back? Help!

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    I got my rebate about 3 weeks ago.
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Merlinblack
    I got my rebate this week I had the same problem, but I got Apple Canada to fax my invoice (I didn't have one).

They didn't respond to my e-mail to confirm either but the cheque just came in the mail.

Be paitient hopefully next week you will either be able to contact them or will have your cheque.

sumomo
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlinblack
    I got my rebate this week I had the same problem, but I got Apple Canada to fax my invoice (I didn't have one).

They didn't respond to my e-mail to confirm either but the cheque just came in the mail.

Be paitient hopefully next week you will either be able to contact them or will have your cheque.
    Did you call Apple Canada? or you went to the store? 'cause i'm not even sure if the invoice i faxed was the right one, i just printed out the order status under my apple account ...hmmm.

Merlinblack
    I called apple Canada per the instructions below (I got an e-mail from the rebate center). Once I did that they ignored my e-mail and eventually sent me a cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Rebate Center
    In order for us to honor your request, we require the following item(s):

Invoice for the Computer
    Invoice for the ipod

If you made these purchases at Apple On-Line or the Apple Store, please call
    them at 1-800-676-2775 and ask them to fax the missing items directly to us.
    You will find our fax number indicated in the following paragraph.

Thread Information