Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Schweb's Lounge (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/)
-   -   HOW TO DISABLE OR BYPASS SCHOOL Firewalls/Filter (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/25214-how-disable-bypass-school-firewalls-filter.html)

xmexicano69x 10-12-2005 10:53 PM

HOW TO DISABLE OR BYPASS SCHOOL Firewalls/Filter

well at my school they have some smart *** people they blocked every site there is to get around the Firewalls/filter they categorize them as "anonymizer" cant get on any site...****en pssing me off...we got macs at our school and i dont really know how to work around macs...they got st.bernad blocking us...if any one can help plaease do...also if you need any info o te macs i can get tell me

trpnmonkey41 10-12-2005 10:56 PM

No way around it without the administrators information

iWonder 10-12-2005 11:13 PM

have you tried www.guardster.com ? i use that at my school because they block alot of sites like myspace.

xmexicano69x 10-13-2005 01:17 AM

i dont think it well work but ill try it 2morrow

technologist 10-13-2005 01:55 AM

Even if you can...you might get in trouble if you try.

School computer people tend to be really hard nosed about their "security" precautions. Even if you don't do anything bad, you might get slammed just for working around them.

rman 10-13-2005 10:57 AM

If the network guys/gals are doing what they should. Then they are monitoring the network also. If you find something to get around their filters. They will see it. Like technologist stated you may get in trouble. It would be better just do what you need to do on your own network.

jy106 10-13-2005 01:26 PM

We have the same problem at my school; instead of typing
www.google.com type www.google..com

This works on our system.

PunkRockTuba 10-13-2005 02:03 PM

when i was in high school there was a website we used to get around the schools firewalls. Then that website stopped working so what we did was use a proxy. If you can find a good list of proxies, just use that.

xmexicano69x 10-13-2005 02:59 PM

nope www.guardster.com does not work, we use to use netscape n change the proxies and that worked but now that doesnt even work, and i dont think the people are monitoring b/c they know they got a good security...i also tried the "..com" but no luck...they got use in check

xmexicano69x 10-14-2005 10:17 PM

any other suggestions?...and if i cant get around it do any 1 have a virus that i can out in a cd and open it in school (macs) that well mess uo there server for a while...thats how mad i am

BurntSmore 10-17-2005 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmexicano69x
any other suggestions?...and if i cant get around it do any 1 have a virus that i can out in a cd and open it in school (macs) that well mess uo there server for a while...thats how mad i am

Wow, someone seems desperate. And that virus idea sounds quite evil to me :oneye: .

schweb 10-17-2005 11:59 AM

Guys, this thread is locked. We will not allow discussion of hacking networks here. If you have a legitimate need to get through the firewall, discuss it with your school network admin. Otherwise, get your own internet.