New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

DIY 103 - Wallpaper

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I am in the process of finishing the two last major items on my honey-do list, painting and installing floor tile in the kitchen. So here is the problem in the dining room and laundry room area there is wall paper on the walls. In the laundry area it only a small part, so I can remove it with no problem. The problem area is the dining room. The wall paper is in very good shape except along the edges. Where corners of the wall as it move to hall way. What I would like to know can you paint of wall paper or is it better to remove it? I am afraid to remove the wall paper, because of what it may be hiding under it.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I am by no means an expert in that field, but Im pretty sure that if you paint over wallpaper it will eventually warp and bubble.. I've heard of this happening quite often when people did paint over wallpaper...
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

Remove the wallpaper, I am not an expert but my mom is best friends with someone who lays wallpaper for a living and I remember when she was over here she said it had to be removed or the paint wouldnt stick right... look ruiny or something. I wouldnt worry to much about what its hiding we were going to lay new carpet so we pulled up ours only to discover amazing hardwood floors that have never been used. Needless to say we cancled the new carpet order.
QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

I applaud you on your do-it-yourself home improvement-ability. I started painting my place in April , and it's still not done

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I am slow also. i can find better and other things to do instead of painting. lol
QUOTE Thanks
sKaD

sKaD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram

Just remove the wallpaper.

They sell stuff that is supped to make it come right off...

or you can steam it off

sKaD
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

you definently want to remove the wall paper..trues me...you don't...and it might look ok for a little bit, and then all hell is going to break loose, and you'll be kicking yourself.....So just scrap as much off as you can, and you should be alright.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

Here is an update. I finished the installation of the floor tile. I now have tile in both bathrooms, the laundry room, dining room and the kithen. Painting has been a slow project. I have been avoiding the dining room because of the wall paper. I thought that I had a handle on my honey do list, but it is getting longer and not shorter. One of the new and bigger task is to clean the garage.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Downloads | Panthers Desktop picture changing »