New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Suprise suprise my XBOX crashed today

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

I was playing Grand Theft Auto and i hit a tree all of a sudden everything locked up and there is this Buzzing sound coming from the speakers. And every 30 seconds or so the tries to spin up the CD. A restart fixed the problem, just thought I would give you guys another reason to laugh at Microsoft

QUOTE Thanks
the_New_guy

the_New_guy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;

those guys will never learn,
how is vista in terms stability
any body used it yet

Mac OSX is the bomb :bomb:
The Gadget Cast Gadgets.in
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

but that game is made by Rockstar...
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
but that game is made by Rockstar...
yes but....

Rockstar = Good
Microsoft = Very Bad

QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamindaines
Rockstar = Good
Microsoft = Very Bad

So thats how you decided it was a hardware problem instead of a software one..
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I know Ben is joking around and taking a few pot shots at billy, but all I can say is I have played GTA3 on the PC and never had it once crash. Not once and I have played the heck out of it too! So the programing by Rockstar can't be that bad.

But seriously, Bens post is all in fun.
QUOTE Thanks
MartinAustin

Down with R*, down with Gates ... etc, etc.

To the New Guy - Vista runs very sluggish at the moment. I'm sure it has to do with all the graphical embellishments they are adding. But this could be because it is in Beta right now, so stay tuned. But beware, if they get over the graphics slowdown hump, it's going to be one of the most useful operating systems available.

BTW, my specs are AMD Athlon 3200+, 1GB PC3200 OCZ RAM, Sata HDD and a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

hey, when playing halo 2 online my xbox freezes way to constantly cutting us off from xbox live. it gets annoying.
QUOTE Thanks
mh10190

The GTA disc is very sensitive
it freezes on the PS2 also
i got every GTA since III
and they all end up broken

btw
a friend of mine is using vista beta 1
he says its the buggiest beta he ever tried from MS
QUOTE Thanks
MartinAustin

Other than graphical slowdowns, I didn't notice any bugs at all. There are certain aspects that are purposefully left out of each beta, such as system files not showing up in searches, etc. Nothing I can see as a bug.
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinAustin
But beware, if they get over the graphics slowdown hump, it's going to be one of the most useful operating systems available.
(Yes, I know this is not representative of your actual opinion, MartinAustin, in advance, given of course that you yourself have a PC and are willingly testing Vista).

But, beware? Are we FOR Apple, or AGAINST MS? One man's ability is no threat to another's. I want the best operating system I can get. Let MS and Apple both work at full force, and may both of them produce the best they possibly can. We'll decide what's best for each of us and use it. I'm so sick of this 'down with Microsoft, let's conform to the idea of nonconformity' mentality. I don't use Mac OS X because too many people use Windows. I use it because it's good. I use it because I like using it. I bought my iBook because I thought that it had value in and of itself, not because it was the negation of an "evil" that is Windows. I don't think Microsoft is evil, but even if I did, using a Macintosh simply because it's not a PC is no reason to use it at all. Any time you settle for anything, you acknowledge that you are either unable or unwilling to fix your problems for yourself. This is the mentality that creates people who spout anti-Microsoft propaganda without proof, and secretly hope that the next Windows OS will fail, so they will continue to be one step ahead of the game without having to THINK about which system is better.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple mail quits with attachment | Member list? »