Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Schweb's Lounge (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/)
-   -   Suprise suprise my XBOX crashed today (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/25033-suprise-suprise-my-xbox-crashed-today.html)

Benjamindaines 10-09-2005 01:15 PM

Suprise suprise my XBOX crashed today

I was playing Grand Theft Auto and i hit a tree all of a sudden everything locked up and there is this Buzzing sound coming from the speakers. And every 30 seconds or so the tries to spin up the CD. A restart fixed the problem, just thought I would give you guys another reason to laugh at Microsoft

the_New_guy 10-09-2005 11:37 PM

those guys will never learn,
how is vista in terms stability
any body used it yet

mynameis 10-10-2005 12:14 AM

but that game is made by Rockstar...

Benjamindaines 10-10-2005 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mynameis
but that game is made by Rockstar...

yes but....

Rockstar = Good
Microsoft = Very Bad

mynameis 10-10-2005 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamindaines
Rockstar = Good
Microsoft = Very Bad

So thats how you decided it was a hardware problem instead of a software one..

dtravis7 10-10-2005 12:34 AM

I know Ben is joking around and taking a few pot shots at billy, but all I can say is I have played GTA3 on the PC and never had it once crash. Not once and I have played the heck out of it too! So the programing by Rockstar can't be that bad.

But seriously, Bens post is all in fun.

MartinAustin 10-10-2005 02:11 AM

Down with R*, down with Gates ... etc, etc.

To the New Guy - Vista runs very sluggish at the moment. I'm sure it has to do with all the graphical embellishments they are adding. But this could be because it is in Beta right now, so stay tuned. But beware, if they get over the graphics slowdown hump, it's going to be one of the most useful operating systems available.

BTW, my specs are AMD Athlon 3200+, 1GB PC3200 OCZ RAM, Sata HDD and a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

iWonder 10-10-2005 02:14 AM

hey, when playing halo 2 online my xbox freezes way to constantly cutting us off from xbox live. it gets annoying.

mh10190 10-10-2005 03:00 AM

The GTA disc is very sensitive
it freezes on the PS2 also
i got every GTA since III
and they all end up broken

btw
a friend of mine is using vista beta 1
he says its the buggiest beta he ever tried from MS

MartinAustin 10-10-2005 03:29 PM

Other than graphical slowdowns, I didn't notice any bugs at all. There are certain aspects that are purposefully left out of each beta, such as system files not showing up in searches, etc. Nothing I can see as a bug.

Meyvn 10-10-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinAustin
But beware, if they get over the graphics slowdown hump, it's going to be one of the most useful operating systems available.

(Yes, I know this is not representative of your actual opinion, MartinAustin, in advance, given of course that you yourself have a PC and are willingly testing Vista).

But, beware? Are we FOR Apple, or AGAINST MS? One man's ability is no threat to another's. I want the best operating system I can get. Let MS and Apple both work at full force, and may both of them produce the best they possibly can. We'll decide what's best for each of us and use it. I'm so sick of this 'down with Microsoft, let's conform to the idea of nonconformity' mentality. I don't use Mac OS X because too many people use Windows. I use it because it's good. I use it because I like using it. I bought my iBook because I thought that it had value in and of itself, not because it was the negation of an "evil" that is Windows. I don't think Microsoft is evil, but even if I did, using a Macintosh simply because it's not a PC is no reason to use it at all. Any time you settle for anything, you acknowledge that you are either unable or unwilling to fix your problems for yourself. This is the mentality that creates people who spout anti-Microsoft propaganda without proof, and secretly hope that the next Windows OS will fail, so they will continue to be one step ahead of the game without having to THINK about which system is better.