New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Victim of downsizing...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lil

Sadly I found out today my job in the AppleCentre where I worked is, well, gone. Seems like the business wishes to go in another direction retail wise, god knows where.

Oh well... it was nice while the dream lasted!

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

bummer, always room for other dreams though ..good luck!

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Sorry to hear that. Good luck to you in future endeavors.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Thanks guys, I appreciate that! :flower: I am still a bit down in the dumps over it, especially when I found what to the letter looks like my old job on the agency's website I got the job through originally. I hope there isn't more to this than meets the eye.

So it is indeed a bummer for me, but no point in being too down in the dumps for too long about it, once I find something else (doesn't even have to be computer, let alone Apple related) I'll look back with hindsight and think what was I moping about! It will be a shame that I will likely have to use a Windows computer which isn't *that* bad it's just I'm a bit of a doofus on Windows, I do silly things like Ctrl + Click for the right mouse and start wondering where my Apple menu went :flower:

Maybe I'll sneak Basillisk II on it and load Word 5.1 on there and Alt Tab when the boss isn't looking hehe!!

I am of course kidding around. It was a bit of luck me finding this particular job I had, and my luck at this one ran out. Either way, it won't be my last fling with working with Apple computers, I have a number of tricks up my sleeve that may involve some of my own enterprise.

After all, I'm 22, I know my Macs, about time I start putting some of it to use :flower:

I have an idea of maybe doing some digital painting classes/tutoring with Corel Painter, or maybe some classes, Macs for switchers or something. I'll think of something, they're a bit pie in the sky but may as well try! :flower:

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
MartinAustin

Keep on pluggin' Vicky, you'll find something that more than likely fits you better than that which you lost. I'll pray for you.
QUOTE Thanks
Merlinblack

Sorry to here that Vicky you are always an awesome source when people need help, you'll be a loss to the company for sure.

Keep on plugging, a Mac for switcher project wouldn't be that bad of an idea, I could probably still use it :p
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Boxes | Apple Store - Bullring, Birmingham »