New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Take a second and say hi so we can welcome you to the Mac-Forums community!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
ScottSullivan

ScottSullivan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 2.5 GHz,8 GB Ram

Hello.
My Name is Scott Sullivan. I have already made a post or two on here and look forward to hearing from and helping some of you.

A small bit about myself, 19 years old. Love Gaming and Xbox and I have an iPhone4.
I use PC (for now) but will be getting a Mac in the very near future.

If i find advice to be useful, or just polite, then I will use the "Rep" system.

Look forward to hearing from all of you in the future.

Have a nice day.

My Twitter My Facebook
QUOTE Thanks
macmuni

macmuni is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

My name is Sushil, I m 21 from India. Yesterday I got my MacBookPro 13.3.
This is my first MAC experience as I was using PC till now. Moving from PC to Mac is hard as they say. I don't know all the cool stuff about Mac. It would be very nice if some one can tell me about starting out with mac or anything else.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Welcome aboard guys. Lots of helpful folks here.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
kc7479

kc7479 is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, I currently use a PC (alway have) but I am thinking of defecting to the Mac world (hopefully as son as I can). Don't have any experiance with a Mac, would anyone recommend purchasing a reasonably priced machine from amazon or ebay to get started? Or should I avoid these types of site?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Welcome to all the new members.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
ScottSullivan

ScottSullivan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 2.5 GHz,8 GB Ram

Hello kc7479.

I suggest buying a brand new Mac purely for the "kick" you would get out of personalizing it yourself.
However if money is major factor in your final decision then i'm sure there is quite a few good machines on the likes of eBay and Amazon.

The above is just my opinion it would be what I personally would do.

Have a nice day.

My Twitter My Facebook
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

When looking for that Mac don't forget to look at the refurbished models at the Apple online store. There are sometimes some pretty good deals there.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

And since this is the introduction thread, let's move the off-topic discussion to it's own thread to help keep it making sense.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
N!K

N!K is on a distinguished road

Hi my name is Nik, Look forward to saying Hello to New Friend's.
QUOTE Thanks
Sunrock

Sunrock is on a distinguished road

Hi, my name is Dan. About 5 weeks ago, I purchased my first Mac. It is the 21.5 iMac Desktop with 2.7 GHz intel Core i5. Also, I am now using Lion on my iMac. It came with Snow Leopard. I have been using PCs since 1981 when a relative gave me a used PC Jr. So far I am loving my iMac. I am looking forward to gaining more insight into my iMac and possibly helping others when I get more proficient.

Sunrock
QUOTE Thanks
flymaac

flymaac is on a distinguished road

Good morning! I'm new here!

I'm on my third Mac since 1992 ... had a Quadra 605, then a couple of PowerPCs, now a Mac Mini which I've had since 2007. Yes, that's four, but the second PowerPC only lasted about a week and it was almost exactly like the other one so I don't count it separately.

I'm running 10.4.11 (Intel) and I haven't installed any anti-virus programs. I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade; and if so, whether to go to SL or to jump to Lion. I guess I should find out if I meet the minimum system requirements for either ... I'm also more than ready for a new smartphone and am debating between the Droid and the iPhone.

Have a great day!!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Nilscollection

Nilscollection will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.1 PPC G5 / 2.5 GB / 250 GB

Hi everyone,

I'm Nils. I'm 16 years old and I live in the Netherlands.
I am already very familiar with Mac OS since friends of mine have several Macs and iOS-devices which I use on regular basis.

The first Mac I've ever had was a PowerMac G4 ("Yikes!") which I got for free about a year ago. It wasn't meant to be my main computer because its specs aren't really modern - it came with Mac OS 9.2.2 and it couldn't run Tiger very smooth.

About a month ago, I've bought myself a second-hand iMac G5 of the third generation (iSight) and according to Wikipedia, it was the most expensive one you could buy back then. Its specifications are nice, and despite its age I can use it for everything I want to do on my computer - which is a lot compared to what other 16-year-olds do with their computers.

I came to this forum because I want to be even more familiar with Macs and I'd like to help others with getting familiar with them too.
QUOTE Thanks
Candyfloss

Candyfloss is on a distinguished road

I am new to a Mac snow leopard. I got myself geared up with my old PC and am finding the transition to Mac very hard. There is so much new to learn and I can't seem to do the stupidist things. I inserted a memory stick and I can't find it on my Mac! How stupid is that. Never mind, perhaps if I share my knowledge we can laugh it off together.http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/mac...ilies/Wink.png
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Attempting to use OS 9 in 2014 | The New MSN »