New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Take a second and say hi so we can welcome you to the Mac-Forums community!

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Yolonda Paige

Yolonda Paige is on a distinguished road

Hello, Im Yolonda and I just started browsing threads here and so far I enjoy reading it. Looking forward to learn some more from all of you here. Glad that I have joined this forum
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.10.2, 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 6+

Welcome to our newest members. Great way to start the new year. Lots of helpful, friendly, folks here.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Yolonda Paige

Yolonda Paige is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Welcome to our newest members. Great way to start the new year. Lots of helpful, friendly, folks here.
Yes indeed, thanks for the welcome
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Welcome everyone.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
sabrina89

sabrina89 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (September 2014)

Hello everyone,
I recently switched from a Windows PC to Mac (MacBook Pro 2014) and I'm completely happy with my decision. Can't even think about going back to Windows again. I came to know about this forum while performing a Google search about how to edit a PDF on Mac. This forum is very informative and I'm now glad to be part of this forum.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.10; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Welcome to the forums!

So you want to edit a PDF. I guess that depends on how you want to edit it. Preview, which comes with OS X, can let you view PDF files and has tools to let you annotate them. If you want to outright edit the text in a PDF file, then you'll need a more robust editor. Adobe Acrobat would be the obvious choice, but that's big big $$$.
Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac | MacUpdate

There's PDFpen, which is still pricey. I'd read up on the reviews of this carefully though.

Here's a good article comparing some alternatives. It's a little dated (2011), but should help you make a choice.
The Best PDF Viewer/Editor for Mac

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
sabrina89

sabrina89 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (September 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeisabeach View Post
Welcome to the forums!

So you want to edit a PDF. I guess that depends on how you want to edit it. Preview, which comes with OS X, can let you view PDF files and has tools to let you annotate them. If you want to outright edit the text in a PDF file, then you'll need a more robust editor. Adobe Acrobat would be the obvious choice, but that's big big $$$.

There's PDFpen, which is still pricey. I'd read up on the reviews of this carefully though.

Here's a good article comparing some alternatives. It's a little dated (2011), but should help you make a choice.
The Best PDF Viewer/Editor for Mac
I found a program called PDFelement to edit PDF files but still thank you for all the suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks
Oscar053

Oscar053 is on a distinguished road

Hello I'm Emanuele and I'm a new member!

Have a good time
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Lesson #1 please read the forum descriptions before posting your threads..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrina89 View Post
I found a program called PDFelement to edit PDF files but still thank you for all the suggestions.
Sabrina:

I moved your post to this thread where it belongs since you posted in the wrong area. Observe our forum descriptions and post appropriately. You posted in our Community announcement and suggestion area which is for just that.

And Welcome to Mac-Forums. Have fun and visit often.
QUOTE Thanks
x_raymond

x_raymond is on a distinguished road

Hello to all,

My name is Ray and I'm from Puerto Rico. PC gamer, PS4 player, MMA & Wrestling fan and now a newbie Mac user.

Ready to explore the Mac world and learn from your knowledge and experiences.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Welcome to Mac-Forums Ray!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Saymop

Saymop is on a distinguished road

How's it going guys?

I'm new to the Apple side of things.

Bought my iPhone 6 plus on December 24th.

And my Macbook Pro is supposed to be delivered on Friday.

I'm an 18 year old, freshman in my local community college.
Majoring in Social Work.

Glad to be here.

-
Say
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

Couple of nice purchases... iPhone 6+ and a new MacBook Pro. Looks like Santa was real good to you. Have fun and stay tuned to our forums.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OS Extended (Journaled) over Mac OS Extended | So, Apple Watch Launch strategy... »