Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Schweb's Lounge (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/)
-   -   New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself! (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/schwebs-lounge/245842-new-mac-forums-introduce-yourself.html)

schweb 07-29-2011 04:15 PM

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Take a second and say hi so we can welcome you to the Mac-Forums community!

Yolonda Paige 01-02-2015 02:45 AM

Hello, Iím Yolonda and I just started browsing threads here and so far I enjoy reading it. Looking forward to learn some more from all of you here. Glad that I have joined this forum :)

Slydude 01-02-2015 02:51 AM

Welcome to our newest members. Great way to start the new year. Lots of helpful, friendly, folks here.

Yolonda Paige 01-02-2015 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slydude (Post 1631159)
Welcome to our newest members. Great way to start the new year. Lots of helpful, friendly, folks here.

Yes indeed, thanks for the welcome :)

pigoo3 01-02-2015 11:17 AM

Welcome everyone.:)

- Nick

sabrina89 01-05-2015 05:50 AM

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone,
I recently switched from a Windows PC to Mac (MacBook Pro 2014) and I'm completely happy with my decision. Can't even think about going back to Windows again. I came to know about this forum while performing a Google search about how to edit a PDF on Mac. This forum is very informative and I'm now glad to be part of this forum. :)

Lifeisabeach 01-05-2015 09:49 AM

Welcome to the forums!

So you want to edit a PDF. I guess that depends on how you want to edit it. Preview, which comes with OS X, can let you view PDF files and has tools to let you annotate them. If you want to outright edit the text in a PDF file, then you'll need a more robust editor. Adobe Acrobat would be the obvious choice, but that's big big $$$.
Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac | MacUpdate

There's PDFpen, which is still pricey. I'd read up on the reviews of this carefully though.

Here's a good article comparing some alternatives. It's a little dated (2011), but should help you make a choice.
The Best PDF Viewer/Editor for Mac

sabrina89 01-06-2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifeisabeach (Post 1632008)
Welcome to the forums!

So you want to edit a PDF. I guess that depends on how you want to edit it. Preview, which comes with OS X, can let you view PDF files and has tools to let you annotate them. If you want to outright edit the text in a PDF file, then you'll need a more robust editor. Adobe Acrobat would be the obvious choice, but that's big big $$$.

There's PDFpen, which is still pricey. I'd read up on the reviews of this carefully though.

Here's a good article comparing some alternatives. It's a little dated (2011), but should help you make a choice.
The Best PDF Viewer/Editor for Mac

I found a program called PDFelement to edit PDF files but still thank you for all the suggestions.

Oscar053 01-06-2015 03:05 PM

Hello world!

Hello I'm Emanuele and I'm a new member!

Have a good time :):):)

Raz0rEdge 01-06-2015 04:09 PM

Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Lesson #1 please read the forum descriptions before posting your threads..:)

chscag 01-06-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrina89 (Post 1632317)
I found a program called PDFelement to edit PDF files but still thank you for all the suggestions.

Sabrina:

I moved your post to this thread where it belongs since you posted in the wrong area. Observe our forum descriptions and post appropriately. You posted in our Community announcement and suggestion area which is for just that.

And Welcome to Mac-Forums. Have fun and visit often. :)

x_raymond 01-07-2015 09:50 AM

Hello to all,

My name is Ray and I'm from Puerto Rico. PC gamer, PS4 player, MMA & Wrestling fan and now a newbie Mac user.

Ready to explore the Mac world and learn from your knowledge and experiences.

pigoo3 01-07-2015 09:59 AM

Welcome to Mac-Forums Ray! :)

- Nick

Saymop 01-13-2015 10:11 PM

How's it going guys?

I'm new to the Apple side of things.

Bought my iPhone 6 plus on December 24th.

And my Macbook Pro is supposed to be delivered on Friday.

I'm an 18 year old, freshman in my local community college.
Majoring in Social Work.

Glad to be here.

-
Say

chscag 01-14-2015 12:46 AM

Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

Couple of nice purchases... iPhone 6+ and a new MacBook Pro. Looks like Santa was real good to you. ;D Have fun and stay tuned to our forums.