New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Welcome. Congrats on the (almost) successful Microsoft detox.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
carlhataway

carlhataway is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro, dual2.4GHz, 32GB, 4x4TBHDD, ATIHD5870, SuperDrive, PioneerBDburner, iPhone5S, iPad Air

Hello Buzzard2010,

Most of the time, on these introductions, they go un-acknowledged so for your acknowledgement I thank you, I hope to be a positive entity here.

Carl
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Hey Carl,

Slick avatar. How did I miss that the first time?

BTW What part of Texas do you call home? The hills of East Texas or the area that the USGS apparently once referred to as unfit for habitation (a.k.a most of West Texas)?

QUOTE Thanks
ArklightHD

ArklightHD is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac i5, 2.9GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD

Hello ladies & gentlemen of MacForums.

My name is Scott, or ArklightHD if you prefer.

A little bit about myself, I am 22 years old, enjoy gadgets,gaming and twitter.

I am about to start a YouTube channel for gaming walkthroughs.

I recently bought an iMac with 16GB's of RAM, 1TB standard HDD and a 1GB dedicated graphics card.

Just a small bit about myself. I am really looking forward to using this website and look forward to chatting with you all.

Scott/ArklightHD.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

A big welcome to all the recent new members! Glad to have you guys and gals aboard.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Stucoupe

Stucoupe is on a distinguished road

Hello to all

It's about time I take the plunge and start learning how to use my MacBook Pro. I bought it in roughly 2009 and have never really got to grips with it. So while my first tentative steps into the mac world was as a child in the 80's on a mac desktop, those intuitive days are long gone, and instead I was hammered for the next 20 years with Windows and DOS.

I bought my Mac for many reasons; I like quality, I wanted to avoid virus updates and constant battles, and wanted something media capable - photos and video.

I'm now here because I've simply got to learn how to use this thing - I'd love some guidance towards the first few steps for a total newbie; so any direction towards a bunch of threads and I'll be all over them.

You're welcome to call me Stu. I've been posting on motor forums for years, so anticipate some of the etiquette and while I would normally gladly post reems of step by step instructions on how to measure valve clearances, I'm no where near helpful on the Mac. So thanks in advance.

Stu
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Hi Stu, welcome to the forums. We'll all gladly help you with any issues or questions you may have... our only condition is that you help us all with our cars (you maybe shouldn't have mentioned that about yourself haha)

Again, welcome Stu

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Welcome Stu. Glad to have you here.

I will gladly attempt to answer your Mac questions but first a question for you: Where are those flying cars we've been promised for years? lol

QUOTE Thanks
carlhataway

Mac Specs: MacPro, dual2.4GHz, 32GB, 4x4TBHDD, ATIHD5870, SuperDrive, PioneerBDburner, iPhone5S, iPad Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Hey Carl,

Slick avatar. How did I miss that the first time?

BTW What part of Texas do you call home? The hills of East Texas or the area that the USGS apparently once referred to as unfit for habitation (a.k.a most of West Texas)?
Hey Sly,

My part of Texas is San Antonio, are you from Texas? I see Louisiana!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhataway View Post
Hey Sly,

My part of Texas is San Antonio, are you from Texas? I see Louisiana!
Enjoyed San Antonio the one time I visited there. Though that was more years ago than I care to remember.

I'm from Louisiana and live there now. I have lots of family in Texas though and went to school in West Texas.

QUOTE Thanks
carlhataway

West Texas, Pacific coast for me, USC
QUOTE Thanks
sryoder

sryoder is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook w/2.26 GHz Intel Corre 2 Duo running OS 10.6.8

My name is Steve and I've been using Macs for quite awhile. Currently own 2 MacBooks, both running OS 10.6.8. I'm retired and my wife and I have no permanent home anymore. We live most of the time on a sailboat in Mexico and the rest in a Toyota mini-motorhome. Our MacBooks are our main means of communication and entertainment.
QUOTE Thanks
carlhataway

Steve, save a place for me too! My wife works for a major airline and has 18 more months till she reaches her 62nd birthday, she says she is going to take her early social security and then retire from the airline with 23 years. We plan to either go Mexico or Costa Rica. I have a couple of fraternity brothers that live in Costa Rica and they say if you have a minimum income of $2K a month American money you can live like a king there. So for now, allow me to envy you until it's our turn. I've been retired since 2007 as a public servant.
QUOTE Thanks
sryoder

sryoder is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook w/2.26 GHz Intel Corre 2 Duo running OS 10.6.8

Plenty of room for all. Haven't been down to CR yet but hope to get there in a year or so after our Epic Road Trip (capitalization is mandatory) that we'll start in September.

-Steve
"The road goes on forever and the party never ends"
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Hey there sryoder (Steve)...welcome to Mac-Forums.

- nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« hello | Looking for good Bug Tracking tools and workflow ?? »