New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mp7nyc

mp7nyc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2014 iMac 21.5, 16G RAM, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, OSX 10.9.1, Logic 9 Studio

Hey all,

Looking forward to discovering the keys to overcoming the inevitable obstacles and consequences of my upgrade. Your combined wisdoms are deeply appreciated.

Respects, MP
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Don't know about the wisdom part, but welcome to our forums! Stay awhile and have fun. If we can be of assistance with something, just ask.
QUOTE Thanks
Songgirl222

Songgirl222 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2013 MacBook Pro, OSX 10, 2.9 GHz, 8 GB

Hey everyone!
I finally got the Mac of my dreams last month after falling in love with my iPad 1 in 2010 and then a recent iPad 2. Every single PC I have had since 2007 (different brands) has literally crashed and burned (some have done both), and I'd just **had** it. So I saved my pennies and decided that I wasn't going to settle for anything less than the Mac I wanted. So here I am with a MBPro. I was a journalist years ago and used a Mac at the editorial desk so I am not a complete boob in that regard, but I still have a lot to learn, especially about digital photography editing; I am up to the task. At any rate, the assistance I've already gotten on this fab forum has been nothing short of awesome!
Expect some really stupid questions - just a warning.
Ciao,
QUOTE Thanks
AnnaV

AnnaV is on a distinguished road

Hi guys. Working on my first mac. a Macbook 3.1 with Snow Leopard, bought in 2007, love it. Think if I ever upgraded further and it would take a lot to abandon this mac, it would only be to Macbook pro. I use Microsoft Office for work. I like fuss free and keeping it simple and no clutter. AnnaV
QUOTE Thanks
kwerve

kwerve is on a distinguished road

Hi, my name is Katie and I'm new to the forum. I have an iMac, which I bought about 5 or 6 years ago(?). I also recently bought an iPhone 5S - I'm totally new to smart phones.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions about the iPhone and upgrading my iMac and look forward to reading posts from those who have more experience than I do.

Last edited by pigoo3; 03-05-2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Post/thread moved to official intro thread.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to our forums Katie. I've already answered one of your questions regarding your new iPhone 5s. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

And enjoy your new iPhone!
QUOTE Thanks
LisaValencia

LisaValencia is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm Lisa Valencia. I am from Montana but I live in Costa Rica. I have always used Macs and I love them. I recently bought a MacBook air, which I am absolutely enamored with. I plan to get an iPhone soon, so I can use them together.

Here in Costa Rica things are a bit different and we have sometimes unusual computer issues. Also, there are few resources for help. I appreciate being able to ask my questions here on the Mac Forum. Thank you!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Great to see all the new members. Welcome everyone and feel free to ask and contribute. No shortage of helpful, knowledgeable members willing to help out.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
sadams

sadams is on a distinguished road

Hi My name is Steve and joined Forums to learn more about my IMac. I live in San Diego CA. and am into getting the most out of photoshop and tuning my Monitor to optimize it for the best color that matches the printed picture.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Welcome to our Forums!

You won't be alone in your enthusiasm for photography. Many of our members are deeply involved in digital photography, cameras, software, etc. Just go to the appropriate forum and start reading. Have fun.
QUOTE Thanks
J-rock

J-rock is on a distinguished road

Hi! everyone in mac-forums its nice to meet you all.
QUOTE Thanks
ferrarr

ferrarr has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late 2011 15" MBP Quad 2.2 I7 OS X.9 16GB 240GB SSD & 500GB (no Optical drive)

I just wanted to shout out to all, I am here, let the festivities begin. LOL, just kidding. I've been here for a couple of months and never noticed this thread. My name is Rob, and I really enjoy the community here. A lot to see and learn from. I hope to help out, as much as I feel I can. I know I will make mistakes and don't mind being set straight. I got my first mac in '07 and have had one ever since.

iPod 5th gen 30gb, iPad 2 16gb WiFi iOS 7, iPhone 4s 16gb iOS 7.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

No problem Rob. Please accept our delayed welcome!
QUOTE Thanks
Seabreeze

Seabreeze is on a distinguished road

Hi. I just bought my first mac (air) after decades of pcs. Hard to get used to, but everyone claims I'll be glad I switched, once I figure out how to get around.
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Welcome aboard, Seabreeze!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« hello | Looking for good Bug Tracking tools and workflow ?? »