New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Beads

Beads is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Take a second and say hi so we can welcome you to the Mac-Forums community!
Hello and Thanks ,

I'm pretty new here. But I'm old at 76 years with a mac book pro ox 10.6.8
I love it as much as my old imac (which still works)!.

You all are so nice to help folks. I'll be needing it as I do have a huge problem.

Beads
QUOTE Thanks
ELK

ELK is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1 GB Mac Mini, 10.6.8

Hi! I'm so glad to join the forum! I am not computer savvy, so I'm sure I will find lots of good info here. I am very grateful!
Our family has a 1 GB Mac Mini, snow leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
MC_P_123

MC_P_123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac - 27 inch - PROCESSOR 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 - MEMORY 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - HARD DRIVE 1 TB SATA

...I'm a Canadian teenaged mac user, and I happen to be really bad a intros it seams as i'm stuck already... :S Anyways I'm glad to have found this community and hope to make good use of it soon. If you want I'v already made a post about my new second-hand first gen. wireless keyboard and some help would be appreiated!

Actually...I can't figure out how to actually post a post as I can't find that post I mentioned above. so perhaps some help on that first I suppose

Last edited by MC_P_123; 12-12-2013 at 09:18 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

easy way - click on the link at the top of every page - on the gray bar - "My Posts"

Welcome to the forum.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
MC_P_123

MC_P_123 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac - 27 inch - PROCESSOR 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 - MEMORY 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - HARD DRIVE 1 TB SATA

Well it seams I just didn't post properly somehow but it dosn't matter anymore as my keyboard is working fine...no idea why but that's a thing...Thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
Dogbreath

Dogbreath is a jewel in the roughDogbreath is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2010 Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 (SL), 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display

Welcome to the forum. Hang on and enjoy the ride!

I would like to ask you to please update your profile to include your Mac specs...if you have one. It will help us help you better. An example is under my avatar on the left.

Brent
QUOTE Thanks
aloafa

aloafa is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Ci7 256 4GB, 4GS, iPad Air

Hello All!

I am not much of a joiner, but since I have acquired a Mac Book Pro, iPhone, & iPad w/Retina Display within the past few years, I will periodically need your help. It can be a little daunting after Windows/DOS all these years.

I thank you all in advance.

Aloafa
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Welcome to our Forums! We're looking forward to your participation, and enjoy your stay with us.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloafa View Post
Hello All!

I am not much of a joiner, but since I have acquired a Mac Book Pro, iPhone, & iPad w/Retina Display within the past few years, I will periodically need your help. It can be a little daunting after Windows/DOS all these years.

I thank you all in advance.
Welcome. Looks like you did a great job filling in your profile!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Welcome to Fantasy Island!

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
Algus

Algus will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.5 ghz i5, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD (5200 RPM)

Hey guys!

I'm new. Just recently switched to Apple in October after buying an iPod Touch to mess around with some iOS exclusive apps. New stuff smell wasn't even out of the iPod before I was down to the local Apple store picking up a Mac Mini lol

For those who get around to different iWebsites, I also post on iMore.com under the same username.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Welcome!

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Narrowback

Narrowback is on a distinguished road

Hi.

I'm a Mac user for about 20 years now, and I work as a textbook editor. I feel like, as a freelancer who has worked at home for more than 10 years, I've lost some of the office tech know how I used to gain by osmosis just from working around people who are more savvy than me. In so many ways, I'm still using my computers the way I did in 1995. So I made a resolution to make 2014 the year I finally optimize all the tech I own. I'm hoping the forum will supply some of the informal tech support I used to get from colleagues around the office.

I use the Mac primarily for work: Web stuff and editing text. Most of my time is spent on Microsoft Word, which I hate, but am stuck with to some degree. I'm hoping there is a word support thread here somewhere? (And yes, I do prefer Pages--at least I preferred Pages 09--but its a MS-Word world out there).

Last edited by Narrowback; 01-22-2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Added details and fixed typo.
QUOTE Thanks
stugrip

stugrip is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP17" intel 4GB MBA 1.8 i5 4GB

Hi Ive been playing with computers since my spectrum in the late 70,s and pc,s since now i have 2 macs
QUOTE Thanks
Growlingrizzly

Growlingrizzly is on a distinguished road

I am new to Mac Forums. I have been a Mac Book Pro user for a couple of years along with iPad, iPhone and iPod Nano. I am coming here to get assistance with occasional issues. I am glad there are real Mac Geeks here who love to help other Mac users.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to put my details on my post | Interference after chemotherapy. »