New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Welcome to Mac-Forums oth Cristo and Enes..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
A2PALADIN

A2PALADIN is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone... my name is AaronG... i have been a mac and pc user for over 15 years now, i love and hate both of them equally and differently lol... i am looking forward to hanging with you guys (and gals :-) i am in the proccess of upgrading my mac pro... and will probably be asking a few questions here and there

AaronG B)>+
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Welcome to the Mac Forums!

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
blackph0enix

blackph0enix is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15in Mid 2012(2.6 GHz Intel Core i7) iPhone 5 64GB,iPad 4 128GB,iPod Touch 4G 64GB

Hello to all,

I joined this forum because I will be receiving a MacBook Pro in two weeks . I am 22 years old and I am currently pursuing a Bachelors of Science in Mobile Development at Full Sail University. I had a iBook G4 before, but other than that haven't had a Mac computer. I've had an obsession with Apple products for quite some time now. The Apple products I currently own are; iPad with Retina Display 128GB, iPhone 5 64GB, and iPod Touch 4G 64GB. I also have an obsession with jailbreaking and rooting and will be contributing to Cydia in the future. Looking forward to doing all I can do on these forums and will be posting for advice on Mac-related information in a few weeks. I will do my part to help answer questions and give advice as well.

Regards,
blackph0enix

Last edited by blackph0enix; 06-13-2013 at 09:31 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
Igge

Igge is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac OS X 10.8.4

Hello!
I am a retired chief engineer and has provided life at sea and devote myself wholeheartedly to amateur radio.
Since I'm no longer forced to use the PC environment, I have bought a new iMac OS X 10.8.4. I am impressed with the ease of use and will not leave this wonderful Aplle world.
I have encountered little resistance and is sometimes lost in the menus. But it'll work out over time.
Currently I use my iMac with Aether, which is a log program and rig control.
The next project will be to install Cocoa Modem which is a digital way to communicate with other radio amateurs around the world.
SM5LIB
Cheerio
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Welcome to the forum all.

Except the spammers

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
blackph0enix

blackph0enix is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15in Mid 2012(2.6 GHz Intel Core i7) iPhone 5 64GB,iPad 4 128GB,iPod Touch 4G 64GB

Thanks, and yeah I seen there were some spammers, good to know you guys acted swiftly in banning them. A lot of the other forums I've been apart of it takes forever.

"A wise man told me don't argue with fools,
because people from a distance can't tell who is who
"
QUOTE Thanks
Igge

Igge is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac OS X 10.8.4

Today I´m skilled with some of the key board shortcuts and are familiarised with most of the basics.
It was´t too hard and my finger is hitting right key now, almost every time now on the key board.
A surprise was when the web-side magnified, it took a few days to solve out what I did wrong. I blame my heavy PC fingers for that fault. Magic mouse!
If you go right you go wrong, if you go left go right.
It´s lovely
Have a nice Saturday evening.
QUOTE Thanks
Dwinguel

Dwinguel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP Retina, 2.3 GHz i7, 16GB RAM, GeForce GT 650M

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum but have been using and enjoying Macs for over 10 years. I'm hoping to have a nice time here, help some people and learn new things, share the joy!

Dwinguel
QUOTE Thanks
Brownphone

Brownphone is on a distinguished road

Hello, I'm Andrew from Nottingham England. Electrical Engineer with 40 years experience. Not an IT genius - computers are tools for me. Currently working in the film industry in London.
QUOTE Thanks
byzantinefalcon

byzantinefalcon is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro - 2.5GHz Intel Core i5

Hello all,

Returning mac user getting back into the swing of things. Still getting the profile together and reading through the forums, but figured I would start here.
QUOTE Thanks
thumphrey05

thumphrey05 is on a distinguished road

I am a retired (I broke up with HER) medical student now finding his way in what I read is called the information superhighway. My phone is white, and I'm sure my stream-of-conscious style of minimalistic buffering of the prefrontal cortex didn't help my cause in medicine, but I, similar to how Cyclops was, under tutelidge of Professor X, transformed from insecurity to a "selfless, self-disciplined, and ethical" who "also possesses tremendous leadership abilities, and great tactical and strategic skills".

I am a classically trained pianist and balance my piano guitar and ukelele with my computer time, and sleep, seeking degrees and certifications so I can work for Google or ffffound. I just listed a random website. I don't know why.

I pronounce the word 'pianist' properly, except when my grandparents are present, when I am a "piano player". Pronunciation, properly addressed, shows deserved respect the etymology of the word, the history of the language and the field of linguistics in general. I am not trying to make any points, just saying hello

If you like good music (the same bands I like) my handle on youtube has a status once amongst the ranks of Weezer, Linkin Park, and Gorillaz (no, of course I wasn't [i was] a lucky early-adaptor (stumbler) who was livin' the good life. peaked as the #57 musician which is now probably justin timberlake, which whom i'm often compared. Google pays me a check each month, 3$! Thanks! Can you get a more hd image of my front yard on your site? I enjoy browsing around my North Korea.kmz file, but feel bad for those people. Brainwashing is bad and I decided to believe that I don't know what's out there except things are infinitely big and small, and electrons are as amazing as supernovas. Neutron stars are total drama queens, however. oooh look what I can do with my super-gravity, well Gohan at Super Saiyan III could eat neutron stars for breakfast, and catch neutrinos with his teeth. I don't understand the Hadron collider except in principle, and the Boson particle is well, i figured God would have had a cooler name. Like Morpheus.

I have been on my computer non-stop for about 3 months and any advice on those Gunnar goggles, and whether they are worth it would be nice, as my eyes are bleeding :x

I hope no one chooses to read all of this, but I felt obligated to introduce myself. A lover of all things Mac, and can't stop from buying their products, starting with my 2006 MacBook Pro. It took me 2 days to find that the File Menu was up in the Menubar at the top of the screen, not of the window, which made me feel, I'm going to go with stupid.

I'm working on convincing iTunes to create a button that completely fills out all metadata for every song, and I am often confused by their iCloud. But my John Mayer discography is all synced, so how mad could I be honestly.

I love my iPad Mini and rarely use my iPhone for anything but the Phone part, which I technically could use on the Mini.

I'm writing you from El Paso, right on the border of Mexico, about 1-2 miles from Cíudad Juarez, where the murder rate is high enough to remove all sasrcasm and attempted wit from even a person like myself as it turned to families and children, similar to many other parts of the world. Then you cross a magic border and you don't have to fear for your life. This is why I am anti Republican Tea Party. Double-walled fence, Rick Perry's farm, this is a circus, and we aren't Italy. We still have Clintons around. We might have lost some of our, actually our only Jobs, but embrace life, liberty and suits of happiness for all.

I, like Louis C.K. often think to be a better man, rarely acting upon the notion. I think this forum probably isn't the place to turn my worldview and value system in such extreme manners, but I would like some help with building my workflows. btw, I can shoot lasers from my eyes though. (I made that last part up). I'm moving back home to east texas to figure out another career where I will one day live in a villa near George Clooney, with furniture that smell of rich mahogany, and will one day out-philanthropize Mr. Melinda Gates himself. This is Warren Buffett, thank you for your time. (Would you wnt me operating on you? They likely made the right decisión.)

I hope to learn from all of you and it is great to be here. ---!DOCType Generic Copy/Paste Forum Intro/end (Still working on that learning to code thing. )
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackph0enix View Post
The Apple products I currently own are; iPad with Retina Display 128GB...
Ahh, you're the one person who bought a 128GB iPad.

Welcome aboard!

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
yachtcarlos

yachtcarlos is on a distinguished road

Hello Mac Forum! My name is Carlos Dominguez, I'm a yacht broker in sunny south Florida.
3 years ago I finally defected from the decades of windows nightmare and bought an iMac 21.5' and 1st gen iPad. Since then, my family now has 3 iPads, 2 iPhone 5s, and my iMac is still humming along. The seamlesness of iCloud and all my contacts and calendars accessible from all my devices is priceless!

I've learned much and have mastered most of the best practices with my products, but always looking to know more and get better.

I hope to be help and more than willing to be of help!

All the best!
Carlos
QUOTE Thanks
jjacq

jjacq is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 3GS(I love!), as of today

I'm Jacqueline-looking forward to learning new things!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any value in an iPhone 4s running iOS 5? | Popups, unwanted extensions, malware etc. »