New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Phidias

Phidias is on a distinguished road

Hello from CY!

I just found about you thru search engines but still have a lot of questions about my new computer!

Macbook pro quad core i7 (DON'T REALLY KNOW IF ITS IDENTICAL ON WHAT SHOWS BEYOND!)

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB

I need to ask some questions about my new product so if there is somebody who can help me out just please send me a pm!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phidias View Post
Hello from CY!
Is "CY" a place. If so, where is "CY"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phidias View Post
I need to ask some questions about my new product so if there is somebody who can help me out just please send me a pm!
We don't really operate this way. If you have questions...try searching the site first for answers. If you cannot find an answer...then post questions on the forums so everyone can take a shot at answering.

Welcome to Mac-Forums,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
MsBanna

MsBanna is on a distinguished road

We have been Apple fanatics since the first Apple (the two Steve's - not Eden!). Had one computer for 11 weeks; decided husband was too much of a keyboard hog and bought my own. Have been Mac Consultants for many years. Currently have MacBook Pros with desk displays, etc for in office use. Use iPads, iPhone and Verizon wi-fi card.
QUOTE Thanks
capturetwist

capturetwist is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, OSX 10.6.8, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB

Hello everyone. My name is Maria R. I am 46 from Guatemala, although I have 1 years since I changed to a MacBook which I learned to use by myself and been very satisfying experience. I am really trying to discover all the apps and cool things about Mac, but it has taken me a lot of time, but hoping to find someone who can help me on how to learn more and where. Any help will be appreciated. And I wish that some day I could help someone in my shoes.
What I love about my Mac is that I can surf the web without worrying me about so much viruses, and I surf a lot.
Have a a great day.
QUOTE Thanks
jac33

jac33 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook PRO 13" (i5)

I just purchased a MacbookPro 13". It's the first Mac I own but I've used them for the last 15 years while working in media development. I've owned just about every computer you can think of and am not loyal to any one type of computer.

I currently have an MbPRO, Acer Netbook, HTC Evo, often use Ubuntu at home and Solaris at work.

I love all computers and happy to finally own a mac.
QUOTE Thanks
plaiter

plaiter is on a distinguished road

Hi my nickname is plaiter.

I have been a PC user for 20 odd years and today I finally bought my first iMac.

I have been looking at Mac's for some time as I have ipod, iphone, ipdad & Apple tv.
But was put off by talk of compatibility issues and the different interface.

So today I took the plunge and feel like my first day at school.

I appreciate a lot of my questions will have been asked many times so will check the forums before posting.

It will be nice to talk to people going through the same experience.
QUOTE Thanks
viper1970

viper1970 is on a distinguished road

I have actually owned our iMac for a few years now, but have only gotten to know Macs and OSX recently. I like to say i'm smart enough to know how to
do most things on a Mac, and have begun to work with terminal. Everyone I
know thinks Macs are nice looking, but being a Windows fan for decades, I think Microsoft has grown stale IMO so I have embraced Macs and have the
ipad and a macbook air on my radar. Anyway, take care and chat w/you all
later.

Viper
QUOTE Thanks
Meggo

Meggo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OS X Lion, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB | iPod Touch Gen 2 | iPod Shuffle

I decided to purchase a MacBook Pro after being a Windows user for a long time. I have done a lot of research and felt that this was the right decision. I am really enjoying my new MacBook Pro and am looking forward to learning more about my computer.

Little bit about me: I am in my last semester in college and looking forward to applying to Graduate school.

Thanks for reading!
QUOTE Thanks
angiepsaenz

angiepsaenz is on a distinguished road

Hey Everyone! My name is Angie I joined Mac-Forums primarily bc I am having a problem with my MacBook Pro.
I have been using Apple products for about 4 years, I am rally happy with their products, I have NO technical background, I learn as I go and there's probably a LOT I stillneed to learn about Apple computers. I hope to learn from all of you.
QUOTE Thanks
karlos2000

karlos2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985

I joined the Mac forums in 2009 according to the info ! I only pop in here when I have an issue, which is infrequently.
Karl, from England, I have the supercilious accent and everything.

I've been using a Mac since 1984, when the world was all monochrome and my phone had a wire that went into a wall.

Since Apple Mk2 (the return of Steve), I've had 2 x iMacs, an eMac (still got this for no reason than it's too big to lose), a G3, G4 (still got this as a footstool) and a G5.
Right now I have a MacBookPro 15", a MacBookPro 13", an iPad2, an iPhone, an iPod touch and an iPod Nano. I had Apple TV (mk2) but sold it as I'm not a heavy TV user and, here in the UK we have the BBC, which pretty much covers everything you need (no adverts & top quality).

Every 18 months I beta test one Windows software title, so, on Monday I'm going to load Parallels and Win7 on the 15" book.

Hope to give & receive help is equal measure.

Thanks for reading

kind regards, Karl.

chances are I think you are a douche.
QUOTE Thanks
karlos2000

karlos2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Is "CY" a place. If so, where is "CY"?
Cyprus ............. that big rock just to the left of Israel at the far end of the Med ..........

chances are I think you are a douche.
QUOTE Thanks
kayceecowgirl

kayceecowgirl is on a distinguished road

I am Sunny Taylor. I'm a 62 year old cowgirl, who lives in northern Wyoming. My first computer was a Tandy Color Computer, with a tape drive. I went through all the Apple computers, the last one being an Apple II GS. Then, because I wanted some of the modern programs, I bought a PC. I had four PCs and decided that I had had enough of the Windows programs, so I bought my first MacBook Pro. I am now using a second MacBook Pro. It has been a learning experience and I'm still having some issues with Numbers and Pages. My mind is having a hard time converting from Excel and Word. Trying to do some greeting cards, but fighting the margins, etc. Anyway, I'm joining this forum to learn a little more. I'm considering buying a new printer that will work wirelessly, so any suggestions would be welcome.
QUOTE Thanks
FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 is on a distinguished road

Hello all, after many many years of procrastination. I have finally converted. I feel like I've changed religions, lol.
QUOTE Thanks
abedadhk

abedadhk is on a distinguished road

Hi,

My name is Abeda Sultana and I work at a school solely based on apple computers, servers and devices.

Have always come back to this forum for solutions and would now like to post a few for which I have not found any.

Best regards to everyone.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Welcome everyone to Mac Forums. We all hope you enjoy your stay!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to put my details on my post | Interference after chemotherapy. »