New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eebelz

eebelz is on a distinguished road

Hi! My name's Elaine, and I'm new here (as a registered user anyway). I'm a grad student. I've just gotten a used MacBook mid-2007, and after a hard drive died, I upgraded it a lot - maxed out the memory, and, since it was used, I had to buy all new software. So I'm using Snow Leopard (since I could just buy the $30 upgrade version). I don't need a lot of software on my computer, but I did buy the 2011 Office for Mac (needed for school & work among other things) and I use Firefox. I'm a do-it-yourselfer, so my knowledge about most things reflects that: I know what I've needed to learn to do something. That means I have a lot of holes in my knowledge, so I figured this is a great place to patch them up when they come to my attention!

On that note, off I go to ask a question...
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Nice to see so many new faces checking in. Welcome all! Glad to have you on board.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Juggernaut

Juggernaut is on a distinguished road

Hello there!

I'm Loraine, 22, just graduated from college and making plans to move to Amsterdam. I'm vegan and have the cutest toy poodle in the world.

Needing a Macbook Pro but wanting a Macbook Air, decisions, decisions, decisions. Current owner of a Toshiba and iPhone 4.

And I love sharks!
QUOTE Thanks
afriqueart

afriqueart is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

Been here for a few months. Returning to Apple after a 30 year hiatus. My last Apple computer was a II+ way back when memory was measured in bytes. the wife and I have MBPs. I have tons of music and have just about figured out how to "do" everything I want to do with it. I think I need to keep a PC only for MS flight simulator and a few first person shooters. I'm finding that my PC is off most of the time, now. Thanks to all for the good info posted here. John in Hillbilly Orlando, Tennessee.
QUOTE Thanks
oselle

oselle is on a distinguished road

Hi, My name is Kat and I've lurked on these forums from time to time, mostly when I've needed to find an answer to some kind of Mac issue. I'm looking for an answer that I can't seem to find an answer to and thought it was about time I registered!

I work for a company that doesn't have any Mac support at present, so until this is sorted we are muddling through. I don't have any network experience so it's all fun and games trying to sort out issues that arise. I work in graphic design, presently as an in-house artworker with iMacs. I also have Macs at home and have been working with them on and off in my industry for about 6 years.
QUOTE Thanks
wplanck

wplanck is on a distinguished road

Hi all. Just got a new 27" Imac. My first Mac. I would like to upgrade the Ram. Where should I post my questions? Thanks!
Bill
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

A hearty welcome to all of you! Have fun and a great learning experience. And as we say in Texas, you'all come back.
QUOTE Thanks
ronkinney42

ronkinney42 is on a distinguished road

My name is Ron and I'm from the great state of Washington, USA. Last weekend I purchased this big bad 27 inch I-MAC desktop computer, my first Mac, and I'm already hooked. I was so fed up with windows and it's many negative issues, especially it's tendency to crash on a regular basis. I only wish I had switched to MAC earlier. Now I look forward to seeing what this baby can really do. Cheers!!
QUOTE Thanks
BruceBerry

BruceBerry is on a distinguished road

Hi!

My name is Riccardo. I am originally from Italy but I've been living in the states for a couple of years now, specifically Long Island. I've been a long time Linux user and I recently switched to Mac. I can't say that I love it, but I don't hate it as much as I used to Unfortunately, my Mac journey will end soon (for now!): my new employer is offering me a free pc, and I shouldn't pass up the opportunity (and no, I can't sell it and keep the mac). So here I am, trying to figure out the best way to sell an almost brand new Macbook pro while avoiding eBay fees! I found out that there is a restriction for new members wrt to access to the marketplace section, and I am wondering how long will it last... Also, if somebody needs help switching to Linux, I guess I can help ;-)
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBerry View Post
Hi!

My name is Riccardo. I am originally from Italy but I've been living in the states for a couple of years now, specifically Long Island. I've been a long time Linux user and I recently switched to Mac. I can't say that I love it, but I don't hate it as much as I used to Unfortunately, my Mac journey will end soon (for now!): my new employer is offering me a free pc, and I shouldn't pass up the opportunity (and no, I can't sell it and keep the mac). So here I am, trying to figure out the best way to sell an almost brand new Macbook pro while avoiding eBay fees! I found out that there is a restriction for new members wrt to access to the marketplace section, and I am wondering how long will it last... Also, if somebody needs help switching to Linux, I guess I can help ;-)
Welcome!

Unfortunately, the Buy/Sell/Trade trade forum is only open to well-established members. We don't specify a timeframe or post count (it's a combination of multiple factors) because we don't want to give people a goal to work toward, as that would defeat the purpose of the rule.

I would recommend Craigslist to sell your MacBook. Good luck!

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
trevori

trevori is on a distinguished road

Hello, I'm Trevor. I recently received my 13" Macbook Air, and it's simple and intuitive. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and have a few questions. So i'm headed over to the search tool to see if there's a few answers, otherwise it's quiz tim for all of you!
QUOTE Thanks
jvl

jvl is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone, my name is Jorrit and I'm from the Netherlands. I have a Mac Mini. I registered to this forum because I would like to get some help with software difficulties.
QUOTE Thanks
redshifted

redshifted is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro, iphone4

Hello,

My name is Beth and I am on my second Mac. Currently, I have a MacBook Pro. I had a Mac book prior. I am on my second iphone and am looking forward to iphone 5. (iphone4 for sale soon)! I am a therapist so no educational background on electronics and systems. But would like to take some classes. I know enough to get me in trouble so hopefully you guys/gals will be able to bail me out when I wreck something! I am your average technophile and like the new stuff. I like the idea of using the iphone for different things other then talking on it and checking email and facebook. I purchased a remote system THE BEACON so I can use my iphone to control my components. That is pretty cool. I have a remote app for the mac to control the DVD player so the only time I have to get off the couch is to plug it in. I will post a picture.

Beth
QUOTE Thanks
xladeeda

xladeeda is on a distinguished road

Hello, I'm Joanna.. I've had my MacBook since 2007, and I love it.

I love videos and exotic animals (I have 2 skunks :3). I just recently quit playing world of warcraft after 3 years .

I like to think I know a little about computers, but I probably don't know much at all, that is why I am here, to try to get help from people who actually DO know about computers!
QUOTE Thanks
mossyoak

mossyoak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13in MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.1

OK so like most new people i'm a long time windows user and just got tired of the crashes and just the garbage that kept coming with windows in general. I have several friends, coworkers and family that are diehard into apple/mac and recommened that I give it a try. I was given a 3G 16gb iPhone for free from a buddy who had upgraded and I played with it a little just downloading random things and not doing much of anything. I did not activate it bc I am with VZW (dirty language in here prolly lol sorry)(prior to release of iPhone on VZW)(have a Droid X) and I couldnt cancel my contract bc of out of control fees! So I used it as an iPod touch for the most part. My dad upgraded from iPad to iPad2 so I purchased the iPad off of him and again really didnt use it for much but on the go internet and random app downloads. Recently I started using my iPad for work (Career Firefighter/EMT) with all different kinds of things, meeting notes, inspections and whatever else I could really think to use it for. Then I went to the Apple Store on day and I felt as I was in heaven! The CS there was amazing an the CS Rep spent 2 hrs with me just talking and showing me different things with different products. I went back the next day to the same CS rep and purchased a MacBook Pro. So I have had my MacBook for less than a week and I love it for everything I have done with it so far and that has not been much! Again i'm not really sure what to do... lol, I have downloaded so random things and what not but i'm looking for a good start by hearing from you guys/gals! I have downloaded the trial verison of iWorks and I have iLife and have played around with it a little. So yeah basically i'm a total newbie to mac and would love some help and new friends to chat with about this wonderful PC... oops i mean Mac!!!! So please feel free to hit me up with ideas and what not!!!

Thanks!!!!

Jeremy
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Scam e-mail re Apple ID | Lithium-ion Batteries- Count Cycle- Macbook Vs iPhone »