New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lclev

lclev is just really nicelclev is just really nicelclev is just really nicelclev is just really nice
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Early 2011, i7, 16GB, 1TB HD; 13" MB Air, Mid 2013, i5, 4GB, 250GB SSD; iPhone 6+, 128GB

Hi Morgan

Welcome! If you want to learn just keep reading on this forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that will give great advice.

Lisa

If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the upper right hand corner of the post.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Welcome Morgan. Have fun at Mac-Forums!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
rosario1990

rosario1990 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganroy View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I join here just for discussion and share my ideas and get some help from experts. Hope I'll get help from you. Anyway, I'm morgan roy.
Hello @Morgan Roy welcome into the Mac Forum!
QUOTE Thanks
randy_m

randy_m is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 14,1, MacBookPro 8,1

Randy here,

Not actually new to the site, as I bought a MacBook Pro about a year ago when my HP laptop died, but today I feel like a new user having received a new iMac for my 65th birthday! This morning, I re-formatted my Windows desktop prior to giving it away, and it was pretty scary, I can tell you.

I worked as a PC support tech for the last 11 years before I retired, so I'm going to have to un-learn a lot of stuff. I did Unix training about 10 years ago, so am hoping to reacquaint myself by fooling around with the Terminal app on my Mac. I hope it hasn't been too long.

Started my computing journey with a Commodore 64 back in 1982. Paid $525 for it at Target, and didn't realize that you needed a separate storage device until after I got it home, and realized that I could not save anything without one! Graduated to Amiga when they came out, and I still think that it was one of the great computing/gaming devices.

Only thing I wish the Mac's came with is a thick manual, as I love delving into the innards of the more obscure apps, and OS.

Lifelong Minnesota resident who has recently moved full time to the Phoenix area.

Cheers to everyone.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.10.2, 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 6+

Welcome aboard. The C64 was a geat computer. I stated on the Apple II series but my wife loved her C64 and still swears it was one of the best machines she ever used.

Like you, I sometimes miss the days of large manuals. The thumb through and find the answer just isn't the same with the web. You might find the Missing Manuals series helpful in that regard.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Lifelong Minnesota resident who has recently moved full time to the Phoenix area.
Going from the "icebox" to the "oven" must have been quite an experience. Love the Phoenix area. Spent several great years there when I was stationed at Luke AFB. Welcome to the forums!
QUOTE Thanks
lclev

lclev is just really nicelclev is just really nicelclev is just really nicelclev is just really nice
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Early 2011, i7, 16GB, 1TB HD; 13" MB Air, Mid 2013, i5, 4GB, 250GB SSD; iPhone 6+, 128GB

Welcome Randy!

Love it when someone comes to the forum with memories similar to mine! I started when the kids brought home a TI-99 to play games on. Found myself programming it in BASIC. Had a friend with a Commodore 64 and I remember the clicking keyboard. My brother had an Amiga which he loved his too. Good memories.

Lisa

If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the upper right hand corner of the post.
QUOTE Thanks
AndyMB64

AndyMB64 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac w/ 24GB, 15" MacBookPro

Hi, my name is Andy Brown and am new to Mac Forums. I've been an IT professional for almost 30yrs (Unix/Linux/Windows). I started with an Apple II+ in college and have finally made it back to Apple/Mac about 2yrs ago. I'm always looking to learn how to get more from my Mac computers. Currently working to find info on building my home network based around Mac. I'm very anxious to crawl thru the Mac Forums posts to see what I can learn~!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Welcome to our forums! Have fun and visit often.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.10.2, 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 6+

Welcome Andy. Enjoy the forums.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
joewalnes

joewalnes is on a distinguished road

Hello! New member here!

I'm a developer and designer. I previously worked for Google as senior engineer building mobile products, but now my wife and I run our own startup. My first product is an off-camera Bluetooth flash for iPhone: launched it on Kickstarter just over a year ago and now it sells in Apple Stores.

Happy to be part of the community. Hit me up if you have any questions about software development (all types), hardware, design, Kickstarter, etc - always happy to contribute opinions and ideas.

Based in Chicago, two kids, lover of all technology that makes lives better and total geek.

Thanks
-Joe

Inventor of Nova: the off-camera Bluetooth flash for iPhone.
https://www.novaphotos.com

Twitter: @joewalnes
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

Hey people, I'm popping in to see how things are, here.
It's been a while, 3 yrs or so, some things happened that prevented me from
visiting, but I'm gonna try to come by more frequent from now on, that is...

if you'll have me

SM

QUOTE Thanks
Mencelus

Mencelus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPad Mini 1st Gen; Mac Mini 2014 1.4ghz, 4gig, OS 10.10.2

Hey all, I'm Mencelus, and I'm a recent convert to Mac (by way of iOS, which I absolutely love). Just checking out the forums here and I hope to be able to make great use of this place as I learn to use my shiny new mac (got a mac mini last week Thursday, so I'm rather fresh off the boat, as it were).
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sur3Mac View Post
Hey people, I'm popping in to see how things are, here.
It's been a while, 3 yrs or so, some things happened that prevented me from
visiting, but I'm gonna try to come by more frequent from now on, that is...

if you'll have me

SM
Holy smokes man…it has been quite a while since you've been around! Great to see you back!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mencelus View Post
Hey all, I'm Mencelus, and I'm a recent convert to Mac (by way of iOS, which I absolutely love). Just checking out the forums here and I hope to be able to make great use of this place as I learn to use my shiny new mac…
Welcome Mencelus. I think that you'll like it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mencelus View Post
(got a mac mini last week Thursday, so I'm rather fresh off the boat, as it were).
"FOB" for short!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Programmer idiocy for higher education. | Ugg. New look for websites. »