New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Don't make me cut you.
This is relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinbreath View Post
Hi, I recently bought a MacBook Air second hand from a friend and I love it! I have a few questions about issues with owning a second hand mac (like mobileme accounts) where in the forum should I ask these questions?
Take a look at the names and descriptions of the various forums. Try your best to put it in the most appropriate place (some questions can go in multiple places so it can be tricky sometimes).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
kalaki

kalaki is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBookPro6,1, Intel Core i7, 2.66 GHz, 4 GB, 500GB

I will apparently be the elder on this list... From the USA, NYC exactly. But I travel and teach. And I am trying to connect to as many people as I can so I am exploring social networking, programs for audio and video recording, webinars, email campaigning, photoshop etc. Its a lot of learning and having a place brimming with experts is wonderful for those tricky moments or when i will need a mentor.

I was gifted a great computer with some amazing programs. In a year, I have run out of space on my hard drive because my mac has become my home in many ways.

I hope to meet many of you on my journey since I have a lot to learn. I will begin posting immediately and update my avatar etc so you can see my stable of mac products. I am what would be called moderate :-) compared to those friends of mine who live mac (a few programmers I call my best friends).

Kalaki

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks
MacGrunt

MacGrunt is on a distinguished road

G'day

macgrunt : publishing industry production grunt : interested in workflow automation and optimisation : particularly applescript

otherwise a neo-luddite :-)+)

brisbane : queensland : australia

m.
QUOTE Thanks
itsunbelievably

itsunbelievably is an unknown at this point

hi everyone..

I'm James and new to this forum.. I'm a certified apple fanatic.. that's all I can say..
QUOTE Thanks
Raquinator

Raquinator is on a distinguished road

Hi. My nickname's Raquinator. I'm a rising 2nd year college student, who just recently has been doing some work on my MacBook. I'm looking into Chemical Engineering as a major and hoping to eventually become a doctor. I made the switch to Mac about a year and a half ago, and i'm loving it. Better than Windows...though sadly, I need Windows for school programs. My main reason for joining was to get some help, setting up a tri-boot.
QUOTE Thanks
keltickate

keltickate is on a distinguished road

Suddernly, my Imac will not launch safari, but the laptop on the network will, so I don't know what the problem is. Can anyone help? I am relatively new to mac.
QUOTE Thanks
IgeOrtega

IgeOrtega is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm ige. 15 and from the philippines. Enjoying my Macbook Pro bought the other night, and yeah I named her already <3
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltickate View Post
Suddernly, my Imac will not launch safari, but the laptop on the network will, so I don't know what the problem is. Can anyone help? I am relatively new to mac.
Welcome, you might want to start a new thread as that's not the topic of this one.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
BWIZ

BWIZ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook // Snow Leopard 10.6.7

Hi, My name is Barry.

Im new to the Mac world and Im looking to get the maximum experience and hope to learn and share as much as possible with you guys.
QUOTE Thanks
David Eccheli

David Eccheli is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, my name is David Eccheli

I am italian and I started thinking about buying a mac in future because I have an ipad now and I really enjoy it. I know italian, german, english and a little bit of French and Latin. I grew up on windows based PCs and liked it, I mean they're not bad but I heard so many good things about macs so I'll probabily switch to mac. I got some experience in computer sectors basically in Hardware.
Ciao a tutti ^^!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Welcome all. Glad to have you here at Mac-Forums.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Welcome to the new guys. As you have already discovered this is a very friendly place.

@David Judging from your post your English is far superior to the few words of Italian I think I remember.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
elventoes

elventoes is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody! Mike here...how r u doing?
QUOTE Thanks
jezebel

jezebel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iphone4 mac book pro

hai there.
im jezebel im 20 and thats about it.
QUOTE Thanks
Z3KE

Z3KE is on a distinguished road

Hey all,
My name's Aaron. I'm 23 living in Massachusetts and I'm still using my PowerBook G4. Honestly, though, this seems to be the most functional laptop Apple put out. I'd be lost without a 6-pin USB port.
I'm excited to join this forum because I'm not particularly tech-savvy and I do run into problems that sometimes feel impossible.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« hello | Looking for good Bug Tracking tools and workflow ?? »