New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Landlord

Landlord is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBA 13 (mid-2012), 1.8 i5, 8Gb ram, 128Gb SSD

Hi

I'm from South Africa. Ive been a PC guy all my life, starting from MS-DOS 3.21, thru to 6.22, Windows 3.0 to Windows for Workgroups 3.11, thru to Windows 7. I am MCSE certified on all versions since NT4.0. In recent years I've become frustrated with MS OSes and am now at the point where I've had enough of it.

The only Apple products I've ever owned have been an iPod 5th gen and then an iPod classic. One broke, the other I sold.

Until a month ago! I got an iPad 2 and all I can say is WOW! What an awesome device. I've totally ditched my netbook and am now doing everything I was on the iPad. I'm enjoying it so much, that I've now decided to expand my Apple ecosystem. I have ordered the 3rd gen Apple TV so that I can enjoy my iTunes purchased tv shows on my HD plasma tv. Not to mention playing some thumping music from my iPad thru my fancy home theatre receiver.

I am now addicted, and plan on getting my first Mac in the next few months. It's my intention to have as little to do with Windows as possible (although I'm forced to use it at work to some extent). I'm really excited, for the first time in over a decade, to be learning and using a new OS.

I look forward to reading and learning from all the community members here at Mac-forums!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
dreamermx

dreamermx is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am dreamermx from Mexico!
I want to know and learn the mac's world.
Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Welcome to the Mac Forums! Be sure to read our Guidelines and Sticky Notices which you'll find at the head of each of our forums.
QUOTE Thanks
snackies

snackies is on a distinguished road

New Mac user here! Used PC my whole life, just made the switch to an iMac and very excited about it. While I haven't completely ditched my PC, I am really loving it so far.

I already have an iPhone, iPad and iPod (so many "i"s!) and love them all.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

And a nice "iWelcome" to you! Have fun and be sure to read all our Sticky notices.
QUOTE Thanks
Pugo

Pugo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mid 2011 imac 27, quad core i5, 16GB ram

Hi, my user name is Pugo.
I live in Taiwan and Yes, I'm an English teacher. I work at one of top schools in the country even though it is in central Taiwan.

I have always been a PC guy. For years I hated MAC's but I took a fresh look at MAC again recently, for the sole reason I need to get a new computer. WOW ! Apple have changed over the years. So I am planning on buying imac 27 inch next weekend as I have to travel to north a couple of hours to even find a Apple retailer. I am starting to think I should have it setup in the store before I take it home to ensure the are no hang up's with the new machine..

What does everyone else think ?
QUOTE Thanks
Venge

Venge is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBookPro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB

Hello all. My name is Venge, I am a new Forum member (although I have visited often) and a ten-year mac user. I look forward t reading, learning and sharing my own, limited, ideas. Thank you, long time members, for all the useful advice you have posted over the years.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

You're welcome and thanks for joining Mac Forums!
QUOTE Thanks
naf536

naf536 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27-inch: 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 2560 x 1440 resolution 4GB (two 2GB) memory 1TB hard drive

Hello all, my name is Neil, I am from the UK.

What started as just having an iPhone, soon grew into getting an iPad, Appletv and now I have just bought myself a 27-inch: 2.7GHz Mac.

It is so addictive, cant believe I have waited so long to get one.

After many frustrating years of using windows related products, I finally feel I have found the perfect machine.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Welcome to our forums and enjoy that new 27" iMac!
QUOTE Thanks
naf536

naf536 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27-inch: 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 2560 x 1440 resolution 4GB (two 2GB) memory 1TB hard drive

Thanks for the welcome

I sure am enjoying my new mac, maybe a little too much. Really need to try and get some sleep tonight. lol
QUOTE Thanks
hardheadteacher

hardheadteacher is on a distinguished road

Howdy folks,

I just joined up today, been using macs for about six years. It's like switching from a Kia to a Subaru. I look forward to learning more about these amazing machines, and how to use them. I teach math and science in an alternative residential setting, and they recently took away our macs and gave us these clunky Lenovos. Oh well.

I have a 24" iMac, an iPhone 4S, and a little MacBook Pro. Guess I'm all Macced up.

Glad to finally join a forum.
QUOTE Thanks
Angela99

Angela99 is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone,

I jumped the gun and posted before introducing myself, my apologies!

I'm a Mac fan with limited computer knowledge using it mostly for my work and to communicate with people around the world since I live in France.
I'm a jewelry designer and maker so working on my photos is a pleasure. actually, working is a pleasure. I also teach jewelry making here on the coast.

I've had a Mac for about 9 years now - it's actually the first computer I've ever owned, don't know how to use a PC I'm on my 2nd one, the kids inherited my old one.
I love my iPad and my iPhone 4S, neither of which I now would know how to live without !

I joined since I've got limited knowledge of all the cool things I'm sure I'm missing and in particular after a download which blocked all my word documents I use for my classes. The Google Gods brought me here

Thank you for allowing me to join!

Angela
L'Ange Est Là Bijoux
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Angela and Teacher:

Welcome to our forums. Enjoy your stay!
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

Welcome new people! We come in peace. We mean you no harm.

Who are we kidding, we are here to leach your resources then destroy your planet. Good day.

I said GOOD DAY.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« hello | Looking for good Bug Tracking tools and workflow ?? »