Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 322
  1. #16

    Saymop's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 13, 2015
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

    Couple of nice purchases... iPhone 6+ and a new MacBook Pro. Looks like Santa was real good to you. Have fun and stay tuned to our forums.


    Santa was great this year haha.

    And glad to be here.

    Thanks for the welcome.

  2. #17


    Member Since
    Jan 16, 2015
    Posts
    1
    JuanWaynes
    Hi. My name isn't JuanWaynes, but it would sound like it was if you had a baby r.

    Anyway, I'm editing film a great deal these days and need to get to know my Mac a bit better, so I thought I'd join the forum. So now we have a quorom. For em...

    I have a kid and I'm gonna get married soon. I'm an actor. I'm an ex-programmer (COBOL 68 and 74, FORTRAN and EDL, which is the assembly language on the IBM Series/1 mainframe). And then R:Base and Dbase "programming". SQL. Before the internet. I remember when windows first sat atop DOS. But, computers made me crazy as a job. So I quit them. Much happier now, but much less financially sound than if I had stayed in programming.

    So that's me. Hello.
    Last edited by JuanWaynes; 01-16-2015 at 12:36 AM. Reason: spelling and sense

  3. #18


    Member Since
    Feb 01, 2015
    Posts
    1
    Here to vent - reply to iTunesstotesupport
    Dear iTunesstoresupport,

    What kind of no answer at all is this reply of yours? You have provided me with exactly zero ‘necessary information’ and you can poke your ‘related concern’ where the sun don’t shine - are you american to give such a vapid, insincere and insulting response?

    I would be delighted to able to access the UK iTunes store from my home here in France to buy stuff - as I’ve already stated I am an Englishman and would much prefer to utilise english sites - I do speak, read and write French but find your French store, like all things French, unresponsive, slow and of lesser quality - in short - crap.

    This is not an issue with other companies such as amazon or ebay but it would seem the concept of foreign nationals living in countries not of their birth and wishing to access sites in their native tongue is beyond your comprehension. A means to circumvent your companies' shortsightedness in this regard is what I was expecting as a reply, not the ‘get lost’ answer I received below.

    I have been an a mac owner since the early nineties, from tower G4 to iMac and MacBooks, eschewing Microsoft products as inferior, both in aesthetic terms and software quality. Rest assured that if your insult below is indicative of the future of Apple, my current MacBook will be the last mac product I shall ever own.

    I am not expecting you to resolve this matter now based on your response, will inform my relatives in the UK not to buy and send me any other Apple products, and trust that you feel from my words my utter contempt at your company.

  4. #19

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,943
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by nolan8 View Post
    Dear iTunesstoresupport,

    What kind of no answer at all is this reply of yours? You have provided me with exactly zero ‘necessary information’ and you can poke your ‘related concern’ where the sun don’t shine - are you american to give such a vapid, insincere and insulting response?

    I would be delighted to able to access the UK iTunes store from my home here in France to buy stuff - as I’ve already stated I am an Englishman and would much prefer to utilise english sites - I do speak, read and write French but find your French store, like all things French, unresponsive, slow and of lesser quality - in short - crap.

    This is not an issue with other companies such as amazon or ebay but it would seem the concept of foreign nationals living in countries not of their birth and wishing to access sites in their native tongue is beyond your comprehension. A means to circumvent your companies' shortsightedness in this regard is what I was expecting as a reply, not the ‘get lost’ answer I received below.

    I have been an a mac owner since the early nineties, from tower G4 to iMac and MacBooks, eschewing Microsoft products as inferior, both in aesthetic terms and software quality. Rest assured that if your insult below is indicative of the future of Apple, my current MacBook will be the last mac product I shall ever own.

    I am not expecting you to resolve this matter now based on your response, will inform my relatives in the UK not to buy and send me any other Apple products, and trust that you feel from my words my utter contempt at your company.
    You do realize that we are not even vaguely affiliated with Apple, right?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

  5. #20


    Member Since
    Jan 26, 2015
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    70
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 5,1, Yosemite, Quad Core Xeon 2.8 Ghz, 2 x 2TB + 1 x 4TB HDDs, 8GB ECC RAM, ATI Radeon 5770
    Smile
    Hello,

    After a sojourn from Apple/Macs of about 30 years, I am returning to the fold. I recently purchased a Mac Pro 5,1, Yosemite, Quad Core Xeon, 2.8 Ghz, 2 x 2TB HDDs, 8GB ECC RAM, and an ATI Radeon 5770 Graphics card to mention a few items. I do a lot of NLE and Audio work including video conversion work.

    I addition to my new (to me) Mac, I have a wired and wireless network, several windows desktops, three laptops and an iPad. My connection to the internet is via a DSL line. I gave up on cable a few years ago due to poor reliability.

    I have been a Microsoft user since the mid 80s so am familiar with all the vagaries and challenges that has presented me with.

    I have been a member of the forum for a short while and have posted a few questions and got some really good help and advice.

    I am currently residing in Florida and have lived in several countries and lots of towns and cities as a result of my work. I call it industrial tourism, one get's to travel and visit a lot of places at someone else's expense.

  6. #21

    Printerman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 25, 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    422
    Specs:
    Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
    Hello again everyone!

    Hopefully I’m remembered here buy a few people. Joined back in 2010, was active for 2 or so years then sort of dropped off of the radar.

    A little bit about myself. I’m 18, I live in Canada, and I’m an avid audiophile, gamer, and pilot. I work at a local radio station as an evening show host, as well I use my pilot’s license and airplane to take pictures of the flooding during spring here so we can post it in our news portal.

    Been lurking for a few days here, and I’m glad to see some names I still recognize
    -Dylan

  7. #22

    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    35,391
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Printerman View Post
    Hello again everyone!

    Hopefully I’m remembered here buy a few people. Joined back in 2010, was active for 2 or so years then sort of dropped off of the radar.
    Saw your userid…it looked familiar…and I knew you weren't "new".

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  8. #23

    Printerman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 25, 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    422
    Specs:
    Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Saw your userid…it looked familiar…and I knew you weren't "new".

    - Nick
    Nick! Good to see you’re still around as well.
    -Dylan

  9. #24


    Member Since
    Nov 02, 2014
    Posts
    3
    introduction
    Hi everyone. I'm Kevin. I bought my first mac mid 2007. Am in the process of adding a new hard drive and have already added ram. Hoping to get a few more years out of it.

  10. #25


    Member Since
    Feb 09, 2015
    Posts
    2
    Hey Im Craig and I have read part of the forum before but this never joined in. I work at an apple related startup and thought it would be smart to join up and stay on top of everything apple, products , user experience etc.

  11. #26

    lclev's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 24, 2013
    Location
    Ohio (USA)
    Posts
    2,759
    Specs:
    2011 MBPro, 2013 MBAir, 2010 MacPro, iPhone 6+
    Hi Kevin,

    Welcome! I am sure you can get a few more years out of your 2007. You might want to post some more info about your mac like is it an iMac, mac pro or macbook etc.

    Again welcome!

    Lisa
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

  12. #27

    lclev's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 24, 2013
    Location
    Ohio (USA)
    Posts
    2,759
    Specs:
    2011 MBPro, 2013 MBAir, 2010 MacPro, iPhone 6+
    Hi Craig,

    Welcome to the forum. You will definitely get a lot of information on anything Apple here - and plenty of opinions to go with it. There are some really knowledgeable people here too! So enjoy!

    Lisa
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

  13. #28


    Member Since
    Feb 13, 2015
    Posts
    3
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Cindy. I live in the Bay Area, quite close to Apple HDQ.
    I got my first Apple product when I was in High School..... (let's just say it was the 70's)
    Yes I am old to the young gang, but young to the old gang!
    Been an Apple nut every since.
    I am one of those who "always has to have the latest toy" (embarrassed tho)
    I have currently a Macbook Air, iPhone 6, iPod, Apple TV, iPad mini, and probably a few little guys I am forgetting...

  14. #29

    lclev's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 24, 2013
    Location
    Ohio (USA)
    Posts
    2,759
    Specs:
    2011 MBPro, 2013 MBAir, 2010 MacPro, iPhone 6+
    Hi Cindy!

    I too was in high school in the 70's and I plan to stay young - mentally - as long as I live!

    I too love my apple toys and prefer the "latest, greatest" but I will tend to keep around what is still working well. My "toys" are listed under my avatar.

    Welcome to the forum. There are some very nice people here. Enjoy!

    Lisa
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

  15. #30


    Member Since
    Feb 14, 2015
    Posts
    3
    Post New to mac forums
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new here. I join here just for discussion and share my ideas and get some help from experts. Hope I'll get help from you. Anyway, I'm morgan roy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. hello need to introduce
    By thevoyager in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2014, 09:11 AM
  2. Need to introduce server
    By Graham Wright in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 09:26 AM
  3. May I Introduce .....
    By hughvane in forum Other Hardware and Peripherals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 09:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •