New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Saymop

Saymop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Welcome to the Mac-Forums.

Couple of nice purchases... iPhone 6+ and a new MacBook Pro. Looks like Santa was real good to you. Have fun and stay tuned to our forums.

Santa was great this year haha.

And glad to be here.

Thanks for the welcome.
QUOTE Thanks
JuanWaynes

JuanWaynes is on a distinguished road

Hi. My name isn't JuanWaynes, but it would sound like it was if you had a baby r.

Anyway, I'm editing film a great deal these days and need to get to know my Mac a bit better, so I thought I'd join the forum. So now we have a quorom. For em...

I have a kid and I'm gonna get married soon. I'm an actor. I'm an ex-programmer (COBOL 68 and 74, FORTRAN and EDL, which is the assembly language on the IBM Series/1 mainframe). And then R:Base and Dbase "programming". SQL. Before the internet. I remember when windows first sat atop DOS. But, computers made me crazy as a job. So I quit them. Much happier now, but much less financially sound than if I had stayed in programming.

So that's me. Hello.

Last edited by JuanWaynes; 01-16-2015 at 12:36 AM. Reason: spelling and sense
QUOTE Thanks
nolan8

nolan8 is on a distinguished road

Dear iTunesstoresupport,

What kind of no answer at all is this reply of yours? You have provided me with exactly zero ‘necessary information’ and you can poke your ‘related concern’ where the sun don’t shine - are you american to give such a vapid, insincere and insulting response?

I would be delighted to able to access the UK iTunes store from my home here in France to buy stuff - as I’ve already stated I am an Englishman and would much prefer to utilise english sites - I do speak, read and write French but find your French store, like all things French, unresponsive, slow and of lesser quality - in short - crap.

This is not an issue with other companies such as amazon or ebay but it would seem the concept of foreign nationals living in countries not of their birth and wishing to access sites in their native tongue is beyond your comprehension. A means to circumvent your companies' shortsightedness in this regard is what I was expecting as a reply, not the ‘get lost’ answer I received below.

I have been an a mac owner since the early nineties, from tower G4 to iMac and MacBooks, eschewing Microsoft products as inferior, both in aesthetic terms and software quality. Rest assured that if your insult below is indicative of the future of Apple, my current MacBook will be the last mac product I shall ever own.

I am not expecting you to resolve this matter now based on your response, will inform my relatives in the UK not to buy and send me any other Apple products, and trust that you feel from my words my utter contempt at your company.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan8 View Post
Dear iTunesstoresupport,

What kind of no answer at all is this reply of yours? You have provided me with exactly zero ‘necessary information’ and you can poke your ‘related concern’ where the sun don’t shine - are you american to give such a vapid, insincere and insulting response?

I would be delighted to able to access the UK iTunes store from my home here in France to buy stuff - as I’ve already stated I am an Englishman and would much prefer to utilise english sites - I do speak, read and write French but find your French store, like all things French, unresponsive, slow and of lesser quality - in short - crap.

This is not an issue with other companies such as amazon or ebay but it would seem the concept of foreign nationals living in countries not of their birth and wishing to access sites in their native tongue is beyond your comprehension. A means to circumvent your companies' shortsightedness in this regard is what I was expecting as a reply, not the ‘get lost’ answer I received below.

I have been an a mac owner since the early nineties, from tower G4 to iMac and MacBooks, eschewing Microsoft products as inferior, both in aesthetic terms and software quality. Rest assured that if your insult below is indicative of the future of Apple, my current MacBook will be the last mac product I shall ever own.

I am not expecting you to resolve this matter now based on your response, will inform my relatives in the UK not to buy and send me any other Apple products, and trust that you feel from my words my utter contempt at your company.
You do realize that we are not even vaguely affiliated with Apple, right?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
mb300e

mb300e is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 5,1, Yosemite, Quad Core Xeon 2.8 Ghz, 2 x 2TB + 1 x 4TB HDDs, 8GB ECC RAM, ATI Radeon 5770

Hello,

After a sojourn from Apple/Macs of about 30 years, I am returning to the fold. I recently purchased a Mac Pro 5,1, Yosemite, Quad Core Xeon, 2.8 Ghz, 2 x 2TB HDDs, 8GB ECC RAM, and an ATI Radeon 5770 Graphics card to mention a few items. I do a lot of NLE and Audio work including video conversion work.

I addition to my new (to me) Mac, I have a wired and wireless network, several windows desktops, three laptops and an iPad. My connection to the internet is via a DSL line. I gave up on cable a few years ago due to poor reliability.

I have been a Microsoft user since the mid 80s so am familiar with all the vagaries and challenges that has presented me with.

I have been a member of the forum for a short while and have posted a few questions and got some really good help and advice.

I am currently residing in Florida and have lived in several countries and lots of towns and cities as a result of my work. I call it industrial tourism, one get's to travel and visit a lot of places at someone else's expense.
QUOTE Thanks
Printerman

Printerman is a jewel in the roughPrinterman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac10,1, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 10.10.2, 21.5" screen.

Hello again everyone!

Hopefully I’m remembered here buy a few people. Joined back in 2010, was active for 2 or so years then sort of dropped off of the radar.

A little bit about myself. I’m 18, I live in Canada, and I’m an avid audiophile, gamer, and pilot. I work at a local radio station as an evening show host, as well I use my pilot’s license and airplane to take pictures of the flooding during spring here so we can post it in our news portal.

Been lurking for a few days here, and I’m glad to see some names I still recognize

-Dylan
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printerman View Post
Hello again everyone!

Hopefully I’m remembered here buy a few people. Joined back in 2010, was active for 2 or so years then sort of dropped off of the radar.
Saw your userid…it looked familiar…and I knew you weren't "new".

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Printerman

Printerman is a jewel in the roughPrinterman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac10,1, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 10.10.2, 21.5" screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Saw your userid…it looked familiar…and I knew you weren't "new".

- Nick
Nick! Good to see you’re still around as well.

-Dylan
QUOTE Thanks
sonnata

sonnata is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone. I'm Kevin. I bought my first mac mid 2007. Am in the process of adding a new hard drive and have already added ram. Hoping to get a few more years out of it.
QUOTE Thanks
StorageHacks

StorageHacks is on a distinguished road

Hey Im Craig and I have read part of the forum before but this never joined in. I work at an apple related startup and thought it would be smart to join up and stay on top of everything apple, products , user experience etc.
QUOTE Thanks
lclev

lclev is just really nicelclev is just really nicelclev is just really nicelclev is just really nice
Mac Specs: 15" MBP-Early 2011, i7, 16GB, 1TB HD; 13" MBA-Mid 2013, i5, 4GB, 250GB SSD; iPhone 6+,128GB

Hi Kevin,

Welcome! I am sure you can get a few more years out of your 2007. You might want to post some more info about your mac like is it an iMac, mac pro or macbook etc.

Again welcome!

Lisa

If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the upper right hand corner of the post.
QUOTE Thanks
lclev

lclev is just really nicelclev is just really nicelclev is just really nicelclev is just really nice
Mac Specs: 15" MBP-Early 2011, i7, 16GB, 1TB HD; 13" MBA-Mid 2013, i5, 4GB, 250GB SSD; iPhone 6+,128GB

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the forum. You will definitely get a lot of information on anything Apple here - and plenty of opinions to go with it. There are some really knowledgeable people here too! So enjoy!

Lisa

If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the upper right hand corner of the post.
QUOTE Thanks
cottagecindy

cottagecindy is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone!
I'm Cindy. I live in the Bay Area, quite close to Apple HDQ.
I got my first Apple product when I was in High School..... (let's just say it was the 70's)
Yes I am old to the young gang, but young to the old gang!
Been an Apple nut every since.
I am one of those who "always has to have the latest toy" (embarrassed tho)
I have currently a Macbook Air, iPhone 6, iPod, Apple TV, iPad mini, and probably a few little guys I am forgetting...
QUOTE Thanks
lclev

Hi Cindy!

I too was in high school in the 70's and I plan to stay young - mentally - as long as I live!

I too love my apple toys and prefer the "latest, greatest" but I will tend to keep around what is still working well. My "toys" are listed under my avatar.

Welcome to the forum. There are some very nice people here. Enjoy!

Lisa

QUOTE Thanks
morganroy

morganroy is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I join here just for discussion and share my ideas and get some help from experts. Hope I'll get help from you. Anyway, I'm morgan roy.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What do you want from a smart phone? | What Song Are You Listening To Now? »