New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kelly.amy

kelly.amy is on a distinguished road

I have a 6 month old WD external hard drive that has previously worked on my Mac Book Pro. However today it is unrecognizable in on my desk top and in the disc utility.

Any info/insight would be greatly appreciated. The lights are blinking on the external and it sounds like it's working fine.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Brutal

Mr.Brutal is on a distinguished road

I feel like an idiot about asking a question about where to ask a question, but bear with me I'm new to mac and this forum.

I'm guessing I should ask it in the apps and games section, but I don't want to be trolled all over for asking in the wrong zone.

and hi im new to mac my name is Aub. :]
QUOTE Thanks
Nilscollection

Nilscollection will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.1 PPC G5 / 2.5 GB / 250 GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly.amy View Post
I have a 6 month old WD external hard drive that has previously worked on my Mac Book Pro. However today it is unrecognizable in on my desk top and in the disc utility.

Any info/insight would be greatly appreciated. The lights are blinking on the external and it sounds like it's working fine.

Thanks.
Although I think you've posted this question in the wrong section, I'm still going to answer it.

If the desktop is a Windows-machine, you might have formatted the HDD in HFS+, which is the standard file system for Macs (such as NTFS / FAT32 for Windows) and HFS+ isn't readable in Windows.

You could check in Disk Utility on your MacBook Pro how the HDD is formatted.
QUOTE Thanks
lrfriesen64

lrfriesen64 is on a distinguished road

I decided to come here to look for some troubleshooting advice (not that we need much on our Macs!) and to ask a few questions about short cuts etc.
I'm 40 something and somewhat new to Apple products (used them for approx. 2 years).
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

Welcome to all the new folks!
QUOTE Thanks
SumitB

SumitB is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

Just signed up. Have been a PC user for more than 2 decades. Want to switch over and have 2 Macbook Pros on order. Hopefully, I will find all my answers here. Thank you for a wonderful community (from what I have read).
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - 10.9.3 & iPad - iOS 5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Hello All,

Just signed up. Have been a PC user for more than 2 decades. Want to switch over and have 2 Macbook Pros on order. Hopefully, I will find all my answers here. Thank you for a wonderful community (from what I have read).
Welcome and enjoy the forums ... very helpful and knowledgeable people around here.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Welcome all yé newcomers ! The first rule of Fight clu.... oh wait, wrong place, sorry. In any case, just a tip for you guys. Most general questions have most likely been asked already. If you search and find a thread based upon the topic you were curious about, chances are that you'll have an easier time getting an basic understanding of the issue, as well as a faster reply. And of course, you'll have a lot less responses such as: "please search the forums, this topic has been beaten to death" etc..

And if you can't find what you're looking for, then PM schweb at least 30 times a day about it, he LOVES that.

Most of all, have fun!

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
niatuom

niatuom is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone! My name is Exequiel. I'm 19 years old.

My main interests are video editing, 3D modeling, photo retouch, iOS app development.

I own an iMac (Later 2009) and an iPad 1G

I'm open to help anyone in anything possible.
QUOTE Thanks
gkdidaxi

gkdidaxi will become famous soon enough

Greetings everybody.
Nice to be here.

Hope to learn from your community.

Best regards
George

Last edited by gkdidaxi; 08-05-2011 at 05:36 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Welcome aboard everyone!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
justinmcf

justinmcf is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro. 2.0 GHz. 8Mb Ram.

Just joined up today.
Bought a MacBook Pro last week.

I love playing piano/keyboards. But I have no computer skills.
I am looking for any advice with regards to Music Software such as Cubase, Logic, etc, etc.

Hopefully I will learn heaps from this forum.

Regards, Justin.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
And if you can't find what you're looking for, then PM schweb at least 30 times a day about it, he LOVES that.
Don't make me cut you.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Muffinbreath

Muffinbreath is on a distinguished road

Hi, I recently bought a MacBook Air second hand from a friend and I love it! I have a few questions about issues with owning a second hand mac (like mobileme accounts) where in the forum should I ask these questions?
QUOTE Thanks
ddarbyshire

ddarbyshire is on a distinguished road

Hi am Dom, 17 year old from the UK and shall be owning a Mac book pro very very soon and shall be changing from windows to mac. i look forward to everyone's help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to put my details on my post | Interference after chemotherapy. »