Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Specs:
    13" Macbook Pro (March 2015) base model
    hello
    Hey everyone, I am Jared from the US (eastern NC).

I am a software engineering graduate student, father of 2 (soon to be 3) and I am finishing up my enlistment in the Air Force. I was a die-hard Windows and Linux (Ubuntu and Mint) PC user for my 25 years on this planet and last summer my wife really wanted the new MacBook so I got her one as an anniversary present. Well I used it a few times and couldn't help really liking it so I finally bit the bullet and bought a 13" MacBook Pro with retina display. So far I love it and I don't think I will be going to Windows anytime soon, especially after the frankensystem that was Win8.

Regards,

Jared

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.4
    Quote Originally Posted by jbt90 View Post
    Hey everyone, I am Jared from the US (eastern NC).

I am a software engineering graduate student, father of 2 (soon to be 3) and I am finishing up my enlistment in the Air Force. I was a die-hard Windows and Linux (Ubuntu and Mint) PC user for my 25 years on this planet and last summer my wife really wanted the new MacBook so I got her one as an anniversary present. Well I used it a few times and couldn't help really liking it so I finally bit the bullet and bought a 13" MacBook Pro with retina display. So far I love it and I don't think I will be going to Windows anytime soon, especially after the frankensystem that was Win8.
    Hi Jared - welcome to the forum! I'm in Piedmont, NC (Winston Salem), now retired from an academic position at the Wake Forest Medical School - started out on an Apple II+ in 1980, then our department switched to PCs which I was on for over 3 decades - now in retirement, wife & I are now an ALL-Apple family (iPads, iPhone, iMac, & MBPro, the latter for me + an Apple Extreme Router) - hope that you enjoy - Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Intro Post
    Hi All,

I just moved to Denver from Los Angeles and am now working remotely for the first time using my mid-2014 Macbook Pro. I've owned iPhones/iPads since '09 or so, but I'd been using PCs since the 386 and was resistant to migrating over to Mac. I'm so glad I finally made the change. The last year has been fantastic.
    Last edited by pigoo3; 01-14-2016 at 12:36 PM. Reason: fixed MBP model date

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Welcome milehigh. Your story/background sounds very similar to many of our members.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Hey all!
    First time mac user here. Finally bit the bullet and got myself a Macbook! Hows it all going?
    Your friendly neighbourhood calju.

Specs:
    2011 MBPro, 2013 MBAir, 2010 MacPro, iPhone 6+
    Welcome caiju!

Hope you are enjoying your new Macbook and welcome to the forum!

Lisa
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Specs:
    iPad Air 2 64GB, 8GB iPod, 2GB iPod
    Another Newbie
    Hello to all, my name is Kenny a transplant from Buffalo, NY now living in Florida. Have been wanting to come to the dark side for a while and finally made the plunge with a air 2 for wife but she's having me learn everything to teach her. Have been on computers from the DOS days in the 70's. I guess really money is what has kept me in Win all these years.

Kenny

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    What part of Florida, Kenny? I lived all over that state for many years before emigrating to Canada.

Specs:
    Chas_m, I'm on the gulf side around Crystal River. It's about 80 miles north of Tampa. My wife has family in Ontario which we've spent a lot of time there when we lived up north. She also has family on Vancouver Island too.

Kenny

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyleri View Post
    Have been wanting to come to the dark side...

Welcome Kenny. We (Apple/Macintosh) are not the dark side!

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Specs:
    Hey Nick, was all in jest!

Kenny

Specs:
    Hey Nick, was all in jest!
    You should use a "smiley" when jesting.

By the way. At one time I used to live in Westfield, NY (just down Route 90 a bit from Buffalo).

- Nick

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.4
    Hello to all, my name is Kenny a transplant from Buffalo, NY now living in Florida. Have been wanting to come to the dark side for a while and finally made the plunge with a air 2 for wife but she's having me learn everything to teach her. Have been on computers from the DOS days in the 70's. I guess really money is what has kept me in Win all these years.
    Hi Kenny - welcome to the forum! We have visited FL often over the decades, and enjoy both coasts (in-laws use to live in Delray Beach, so that was an annual trip back then) - in fact, we are planning a return trip to St. Pete's beach in a few months and will be staying at the Don Cesar - might make it up to Tarpon Springs for a day trip - love the Greek restaurants there! Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Specs:
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, El Capitan, 10.11.4
    Kenny

As your post has, for many, turned into a trip down memory lane, I too have fond memories of Florida. Quite a few years ago, I was called as a medical expert in a murder trial in the general location of Orlando. Time passes slowly in legal cases and my time there allowed me to explore Florida within a 30 mile radius of Orlando. Being out of season, there weren't many tourists and my Scottish accent opened doors to all sorts of places. I have to say that the experience of Florida and its inhabitants is still a poignant memory for me. I've visited the USA many times, almost always on a professional basis. The US in general, and Florida in particular, has shown me exceptional kindness and courtesy.

Ian
    Ian

Specs:
    Nick-Thanks for the heads up, will remember that, been through Westfield a few times.

RadDave-No better eating than in Tarpon Springs. Wife and I make a trip often.

IWT- Glad to hear you had a great experience. Lot of things to do in the Orlando area.

Thanks to all for the responses.
    Kenny

Thread Information