New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

New to Mac-Forums? Introduce yourself!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

WendyG

WendyG is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.16GHz, Mac Pro quad core 2.8GHz, Mac Mini 2005.

Hello, I'm Wendy, a Mac user/owner since the late 80s. I live in sunny Scotland, UK. Thought I'd best check in here first out of politeness before I go looking for assistance with a Mac Pro/Windows 7 problem!

Hopefully after that I will hang around and get a feel for this interesting place.

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Welcome to Mac Forums Wendy!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Welcome Wendy. I'd bet the rest of your countrymen are a little jealous that you managed to find the sunny spot in the UK .
QUOTE Thanks
WendyG

WendyG is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.16GHz, Mac Pro quad core 2.8GHz, Mac Mini 2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
Welcome Wendy. I'd bet the rest of your countrymen are a little jealous that you managed to find the sunny spot in the UK .
Hehehe. Very droll I'll have you know it was indeed beautifully sunny here today - for a November day.

Thank you both for the speedy welcome.
QUOTE Thanks
britclin

britclin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5 inch, Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5.Software Mac OS X Maverick 10.9.4

Hi my name is Chris,
I have an iPhone 3gs and just got my new iMac 21.5 inch, Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5. and am getting the hang of it. Been a PC user for 20yrs. Already found useful info on previous questions and glad to have so many experienced users at hand if I have problems.
Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Welcome to our forums. I think you'll find these forums a great learning experience especially since you're a new Mac user. Scan through through the Sticky Posts at the top of each forum for additional information and help.

Enjoy your stay.
QUOTE Thanks
rainbowcat

rainbowcat is on a distinguished road

am still finding my way around here; hope this post ends up in the right place!

switched from pc to mac a year ago. i've a 21" imac on snow leopard, and i did the migration myself. using parallels to access all the documents i've got in wordperfect, which i REALLY wish would run on a mac without sheep! i'm a teacher, and i've a district issue macbook, also running snow leopard. am planning to purchase an ipad as soon as i can decide if i can wait for ipad3 or not. unfortunately, no iphone - service is outrageously expensive where i live.

i love learning tech and helping others by sharing experiences. greatly appreciate the expertise and generosity of spirit here.
QUOTE Thanks
FritzDaCat

FritzDaCat is on a distinguished road

ooops, just noticed the intro thread because I'm not a switcher and hadn't looked in here until now.

I'm Fred and I've been a Mac convert since 2002. Hmmmm.... that kinda sounds like AA: Apple Anonymous

I worked on a Mac in OS 9 for awhile and when I first saw OS X, I simply had to have it. My first Mac was an iMac Power PC G4 running Jaguar and it still runs with 10.4.11 now. I still use that computer to run some pre-Intel apps that I don't feel like replacing yet, like Photoshop CS2. I'm not sure why I never got around to joining this forum before but I'm here now and I've already gotten help with Lion on my current system. Thanks for the great forum!

Edit: now see, I told you it was like AA: I just realized that I'm actually in some kind of lounge, not the Switcher's Forum. Such is life!
QUOTE Thanks
irisrainbo

irisrainbo is on a distinguished road

I am trying to find out any information I can about Photoshop and Mac 10.5.6
I recently upgraded my Power Mac G4 to 10.5.6.
With that I lost my Photoshop 7
So now I have to find out which Photoshop will work with Leopard and where I can purchase this older version and do I need a serial #.
Any advice would be very welcome.
Thanx,
Iris
QUOTE Thanks
Bundy

Bundy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.

At the writing of this my new iMac is still in transit but I should have it this week.

I'm so glad I found this forum. So far during my brief time browsing the discussions, everyone seems very friendly and helpful and that will help put my mind at ease should I feel the need to ask some questions.

I live in Canada in Ontario, east of Toronto. I have a brother living in Florida who is a die-hard Mac supporter and user and he is the one who encouraged me to make the switch after so many years on a Windows PC.

I look forward to being a part of this community.

Bundy

A humble but excited Mac Novice
QUOTE Thanks
Scott64

Scott64 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Late 2011 MBP 8GB RAM 640GB HDD

Hello,
I'm new here, new to Macs as well as this forum. I'm getting a Mac to broaden my horizons. I've been mainly a Windows user and I use Linux for servers and occasionally on my desktop just to mess around with new distros. I decided that I've been willfully ignorant long enough and should jump into the pool and splash around a bit.

I've got a new 13" Macbook Pro on its way to me right now (I ordered online to take advantage of an Air Miles deal). Going to be upgrading the RAM and HDD right away, and from that point forward I'll probably dual boot OSX/Windows and hopefully have a reliable development machine.

Before I ask any questions, I'm going to search the heck out of these forums. Usually when I join a forum I lurk more than I post, but when I do have a question, I don't want to be one of those people whose "Member Since" date is the same as the thread creation date
QUOTE Thanks
ndundiz

ndundiz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook 2.4G/iPhone4/2xATV2/TC

Hey, just a quick into:

I entered the Apple world like a lot of others through the pod and then to the iPhone 3G.
I have a game design degree and was hardcore PC (Alienware) until I decided to get a much smaller, less power hungry 13" Macbook 2.4GHz back in early 2009, mostly for travel purposes after I joined the military.

I haven't looked back since.

I have zero programming experience and most of my knowledge is OS based. So I don't think I can help much here. But I will keep my ear to the keyboard!
QUOTE Thanks
Groovetube

Groovetube has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Retina MBP 2.7 768ssd/16gig ram /30" dell 3008. and bunch of other mac/apple stuff

Hello, I'm Tim, I liked that there were a good number of subjects represented here so I joined.

Been a travelling musician for many many years, these days less so but still do quite a bit, I run a company now that does mainly online work (design, development etc.).
QUOTE Thanks
mailman

mailman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBP '11 2.3 Core i5 8GB

Hello all,

I've been a Mac owner for almost 4 months now. I am an IT professional that spent most of his days hating Apple because it was the cool thing to do if you are in IT. I look back on that like I look back on my days in middle school......lowers head and shakes in disgrace..........anyways, I'm happy to be here and happy to be broadening my horizons and learning more. I am fairly technical and hope to be able to lend my knowledge and help to folks here on the boards. Looking forward to looking around.

Listening and Learning.

mailman
QUOTE Thanks
Swedanes

Swedanes is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody,

Just joined. Actually my "first" forum as a member trying to figure out how this all works. Got tired of Googling about for answers on Mac issues.

Switched from PC royal mess to just-working-all-the-time-Mac for my whole family (5 + cat) (3 iMacs, 2 MBP, iPad, iPhones.... iPaid!) some five years ago. A great switch! Right now I decided to try to figure out how to benefit from Applescript and how to use is.

/Best
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any value in an iPhone 4s running iOS 5? | Popups, unwanted extensions, malware etc. »