New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Rookie Question: IBook vs. Power Book

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Paddytrix

I'm moving into a freelance life. I am also moving into the world of Macs from high powered massive corporate PC networks. My job consists of me searching the net all day long. I went into the Apple store today in Soho. Now, it could have been my imagination but I did notice an appreciable difference in speed between the Powerbook and IBook. I now the PB is technically faster but is it that noticeable or was I imagining this because I'm afraid of getting shortchanged with the IBook. Again, new to the world of Macs and somewhat skittish. So ideally, if there is anyone out there who works on-line as part of their job, any advice on PowerBook vs. IBook would be helpful.

Thanks mucho.

Neil
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

Powerbook is high performance in cpu intensive work (heavy video editing, large graphics, etc). There's a higher bus speed, more RAM, and more powerful graphics card. If your work relies on just the internet, the browser capabilities are the same whether its a Powerbook or an iBook. An iBook would, in this case, be very suitable for your needs

P.S. - Powerbooks are some sweet machines though :p
QUOTE Thanks
Paddytrix

Thanks. And this is what people tell me but I could have sworn I felt a difference in speed, of course it could have just been how quickly my fingers danced over those aluminum keys.

Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking To Get A New Phone | apple customer service is horrible! »