New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Best Mac Magazine

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jam2000

jam2000 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air OS X 10.7 1.7 Intel Core i5 4GB, MacMini mid-2011

Would like opinions on the best mac/apple magazine to subscribe to for general mac users. In our house we have MacBook Pros, iPod touches, iPhone and iPad 2.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

If you're in the US, the two best Mac magazines in my opinion are MacWorld Magazine first, and the second is MacLife. I find that I keep my MacWorld Magazines around for reference while I give away the MacLife copies.

Pick up a copy of both at your local newsstand and judge for yourself.
QUOTE Thanks
MQAAord

MQAAord is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e

I got my husband a MacWorld subscription for his birthday several months ago. It's been a really great gift!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Have to echo MacWorld as a reference although I subscribe to the digital edition.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Another vote for MacWorld.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

After a while I found they would just not cover anything remotely useful, so i stopped buying them all.

Forums make you learn alooooot more.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
Moss

Moss is a jewel in the roughMoss is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM

I think that robduckyworth has a great point, and I tend to agree with his point of view regarding the matter, although if I had to pick it'd be MacWorld.

Facebook|Twitter
If someone is being helpful, use the reputation system on your left!
QUOTE Thanks
annewalk

annewalk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2,1 Intel Core Duo, iPad2, iPhone3GS, and others

I used to subscribe to MadAddict. It was full of awesome until it was bought and became, I believe, MacLife (blech).

Nowadays, I much prefer feeds of great, up to the minute info provided by blogs and forums.

My number one source these days, is Zite iPad app with topics such as "iOS" and Mac. The sources they choose are quality ones including the usual suspects such as Mac Rumours, Cult of Mac, Appleinsider and Macworld, and some unusual sources such as newspapers and small, personal blogs.

+Anne Walk - add me to your Circles
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I use to subscribe to both MacWorld and MacLife as well as iCreate and MacAddict. They were all good once, but now it's just easier and far more entertaining to use the web.

QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Like you guys I used to read MacAddict all the time. In fact I still have quite a few of the CDs around. In the days before broadband I tried/used much of the software provided. I haven't really read them consistently since the name change they don't seem to be what they used to be.

Like all of you I tend to rely on the Internet now. The digital version of MacWorld is handy though when I can't get a good signal.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Tater2Stock

Tater2Stock is on a distinguished road

Isn't it interesting how different individual tastes can be. I am just backwards of all the previous comments. I started with a subscription to Macworld and found myself looking more forward to the new MacLife. Let the Macworld subscription run out and now just subscribe to MacLife. There are so many good resources online now that having a subscription is certainly not necessary, but there are just times I enjoy sitting by the pool reading a good old paper magazine.

iMac 21.5 late 2009
...turning into an iMovie junky.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

If he wants a Magazine, Macworld.

I do learn so much more from Forums though and can help also.
QUOTE Thanks
techmom

techmom is on a distinguished road

Another for MacWorld
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Store Breech of Security | Apple at home advisor »