New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

macworld or Mac addict for first mag

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cooljoe815

cooljoe815 is an unknown at this point

I new to Mac's and I want to learn as much as possible , when I was learning the Pc's , I subscribe to Smart Computing and learned quite a bit.

Which would be more beneficial to me Macworld or Mac addict? Or which one is more similiar to smart computing?

TIA
QUOTE Thanks
pphking

pphking is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook 1.33 Ghz, 768 RAM

Welcome to the world of Apple.

There are many great magazines out there for the Mac - Macworld, Mac Addict, MacFormat, iCreate (a good beginners magazine), Mac User and there must be others I have not mentioned.

I would buy one of each and see which one you find the most friendly to your learning style. They can be quite expensive so why not try a couple every month. Most come with free discs that have tutorials on them as well as other stuff.

Hope this helps
Paul
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

I get MacWorld, I find it very informative with easy to understand explanations. I have tried many of them but subscribe to MW for that reason.

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I think if you sign up for a free trial of .Mac there is an offer to get a couple months of MacWorld free. At least I think that is where I got my free subscription.
QUOTE Thanks
cooljoe815

cooljoe815 is an unknown at this point

Thanks for the info. I think I will try Mac World.
QUOTE Thanks
jessica

I tried Mac World and Mac Addict at once. I subscribe to both now. One always says something that the other didn't. I like that. And they aren't too ad heavy which is the problem I face in my photo magazines.
QUOTE Thanks
UncSki1218

i get mac world. there both the same type of thing though. i just get mac world because i got the first 6 months free.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

To be honest, I get both but only because they're free. I wouldn't pay for either. Why? Both have their content on the web anyway and everything they write about is already available online for free usually months before they even get around to publishing.

Print publication for the tech sector is useless. It goes faster out of date than the technology itself. By the time they write the story and publish their monthly magazine, the technology has moved on...

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

I subscribe to MacWorld and MacAddict, the latter mainly for the occasional useful demo disc.

*side note: pphking, that avatar (the flashing red apple) is very annoying, IMHO.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
pphking

*side note: pphking, that avatar (the flashing red apple) is very annoying, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been thinking that for a while. Just never got round to changing it.
Thanks for making me pull my socks up.
Hope you like this better.

Paul
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I received them both for a while, but then I cut it back to MacAddict only-- they seem to have more interesting and useful material, IMHO, plus the monthly demo disc is sometimes interesting.
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphking
*side note: pphking, that avatar (the flashing red apple) is very annoying, IMHO.
Yeah, I've been thinking that for a while. Just never got round to changing it.
Thanks for making me pull my socks up.
Hope you like this better.

Paul[/QUOTE]

That is much better, and very nice btw.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
pphking

Thanks.

It's a little thing I am messing around with in Cinema 4d
QUOTE Thanks
NewbcaM

I've been reading macworld lately but macaddict is prettycool also. I'm in the same boat. I've used mac for 5 years on/off but never really learned more than I had to, you know I got comfortable (wink).
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljoe815
I new to Mac's and I want to learn as much as possible , when I was learning the Pc's , I subscribe to Smart Computing and learned quite a bit.

Which would be more beneficial to me Macworld or Mac addict? Or which one is more similiar to smart computing?

TIA
Neither. I'd say go with iCreate. It's a Brit mag and is a bit pricey (about US $15 and issue) but worth it. It puts both Mac World and Mac Addict to shame....

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« G3 ibook Logic board failure | office 2004 pro »